What's the best deal on "gift card" type of credit card

Khobbs1

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum and I have searched but am unable to locate the desired information.

I'm looking to purchase a "gift card" type of credit card - Mastercard, Visa, etc. I know some have fees and other charges, I am wondering which has the best deal and what store(s) sell them.

TIA,

Kim

I agree with getting a Amex pre-paid card. I have both the standard Amex reloadable card and the Amex Bluebird (BlueBird.com) reloadable card. Both you can use with virtually no fees unless you want to use it a lot at ATM's. As I understand, Amex created the BlueBird card for Walmart. Both cards take 5 business days to load the card from your personal bank account. Payroll Direct Deposit good and shows up on pay day. If you are in a hurry to load the card you can use your bank debit card to transfer funds to the Bluebird card for a $2 fee.

Thanks for the responses.

I ended up getting a Visa debit card. The cost was 3.95, it is non-reloadable, but this is the type of thing I wanted. I didn't want it tied to any bank accounts, so this worked out fine. Bought it at Kroger and got points, so it works better for the points.

Thanks again