Dillards clearance

pammk123

OMG! Got to my Dillards at 10am and the parking lot was full. Asked a clerk and she said they opened at 9:30am. The place was a madhouse! People arguing over shoes, barely enough room to walk and clerks overwhelmed. Got upstairs and it was almost as bad as the downstairs. I don't go out on Black Friday, but I imagine what I saw today was pretty close to that event. This was my first NYD at Dillards and I was not prepared. I usually go to the 40% off sales but that extra 10% made people a little goofy. Still, I had a reward certificate burning a hole in my wallet and managed to find some great deals on bras, socks and even found a couple of nice sweaters. The purses had been decimated. I didn't even try to walk thru the department. I wanted to video the shoe department, but didn't want to stand still too long for fear of getting run over. Well, I have officially started out my New Year with a "first" and have to admit, I giggled a little to myself as I walked out to my vehicle. One adventure down . . . and it's only January 1st!! Happy New Year to all my fellow "adventurers"!!:gd_partyu

That was fun. I got 8 things (shirts and dresses for the kids) for about $80 - not the cheapest clothes we've ever gotten, but they are really cute.

How often does Dillards do and extra % off clearance? Is it on some sort of predictable schedule? I know I've hit it before, but only on chance.

That was fun. I got 8 things (shirts and dresses for the kids) for about $80 - not the cheapest clothes we've ever gotten, but they are really cute.

How often does Dillards do and extra % off clearance? Is it on some sort of predictable schedule? I know I've hit it before, but only on chance.

Watch closely toward the end of each month... not necessarily every month, but close. ;) sometimes it's an extra 30%; sometimes an extra 40%. I believe that New Year's Day is the only extra 50% day though.

I went there around 8am just in case, then managed to ask an employee as she was entering the place and she said opening time was 9:30. I didn't want to take a chance so just stayed in my car reading my nook. I was happy with all my buys except for ONE thing: I found a really nice musical nutcracker and I am quite sure I even payed for it but once I got home I could not find it. I don't have it. I really wonder what happened and it made me really upset but there is nothing I can do about it. Oh well, next time I'll keep a much closer eye on my items.

This is probably my fourth time going and I did OK but was a little disappointed. Huge crowds, long lines, much more so than last year. I did manage to score a cute purse plus some sweaters for DH. Heard the Coach was gone in 5 minutes, last year there were still some stragglers around after an hour. Markdowns were not as big as last year making for not so great deals. I can remember buying a Guess purse for $9 one year, and getting lots of houseware items for a few bucks each. Also they used to have extra 50 off makeup department items, but yesterday it was straight-up 50 off, mostly perfume sets. Lots of people buying luggage but I thought it was pretty hideous. Eh, I still had fun. Went later in the day to return an item and WHOA, glad I went earlier, it was a MADHOUSE!

BTW, signage everywhere indicating than anything marked 65% off or more had until 1/3 close of day to return.

I asked a sales clerk today and she said there would be another sale towards the end of the month. She also has heard it could be another 50% off sale. She said the sale would probably start on a Wed., for card holders and then continue through Sat. I don't ever remember another 50% off sale in the past but I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

Well, I know the post is late BUT... :D ...

YES...the 50% of is available online. It starts in the middle of the night. No set time. I just stay up and start throwing things in my cart and keep refreshing my screen until the additional 50% off starts appearing. We don't have any Dillard's in Michigan. I used to live in Ohio and was introduced to Dillard's there. (They are very comparable to the old Hudson's.)

There is a bit of a melee online...similar to the store...But hey! It adds to the fun! When I go to check out it is not uncommon for me to "loose" 1/2 of my cart because the items are already gone. But their shipping is very reasonable. I pay for what I have and then I immediately head back in to find the items I lost at a different (but acceptable) size.

For the best deals, stay in the clearance and holiday sections only.

Go back and check again in a couple of hours if there was an item or two you really wanted but did not get. I picked up 2 holiday sweaters that had "sold out" at 2 am but I was able to get one a size larger at 5:30am. There are so many shoppers online that we do overwhelm the system. :D

I spent $400 :blush: ... but I bought over 50 items. And my Christmas shopping for my family as well as my Mother's Day, Mom's birthday, parent's anniversary etc. are all done for the year! It's nice to be 90% done for next Christmas already.

Jan 1st. is the only day they do 50%. Dillard's will do a 30% and sometimes even a 40% off a few other times during the year. But 50% off everything on January 1st is the best. And they really clean house too. The women's section had a couple thousand selections in size L when I started shopping at 2 am. 24 hours later there were only a few hundred choices to choose from in clearance. (Glad I don't work their shipping department!)

I prefer the end of February clearance. To me, there aren't all that many items with a pink sticker this time of year, but after inventory (end of January), they really start marking things down on clearance. I've had major scores during the Feb 21st/24th timeframe. Of course winter is nearing the end by then too so there probably isn't as much opportunity to use the stuff you buy.

I shopped the Dillards New Years Day sale last year and was only on a mission to find Christmas ornaments for a tree I was planning THIS year. It was a ZOO, and I wouldn't want to do it again anytime soon. I found a few other things in the kids department, but that was about it.

Ugg boots go real cheap during the end of Feb sale. I buy them for my kids at that time.