What digital camera are you buying?

yellowlilax

I am going to get the Kodak from WalMart. I have a DX4530 that will be retired. In my opinion, it took way better pictures on our trip to Glacier NP than my sister's cam.. I don't know what her brand is. I am continually amazed by Kodak color quality.

I believe that is supposed to be one of Kodak's strengths.

I am going to get the Kodak from WalMart. I have a DX4530 that will be retired. In my opinion, it took way better pictures on our trip to Glacier NP than my sister's cam.. I don't know what her brand is. I am continually amazed by Kodak color quality.

Here are some sample pictures taken with a Kodak DX4530. Not bad.

As long as you're happy, that's what matters :gd_pineap

Guest all2tired

I've said this before and I'll say it again... Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Just because somebody prefers FuJi over Kodak is no reason to flame that person. Everybody likes different things and they have their own opinions of things and people HAVE to understand that and get over it.

If people would just remember what they were told when they were little or learn what they should have been told when they were little ....If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Canon doesn't have great deals because they don't need to. They're the best. They have the best image quality for the price. I'd recommend the Canon a610 or a620, because it has an extra large image sensor (=less noise), a 4x zoom, and the best image processing on the market. In addition, these cameras have full manual control, so if you want to take a hard-to-get shot in low light conditions, you can do so. (The canon "A" series are the only compact point-and-shoot cameras to have manual control)

The only two reasons why you would not want to get a canon:

1) The time between shots is slightly more than other brands... but the new a5xx/a6xx series is much better than the old a7x/a8x/a9x series.

2) Since it has more features, the "ease of use" takes a bit of a hit. (because there are so many options) If you are getting this for someone who is afraid of a multifunction remote control, this probably isn't the right camera.

the question is whats the $$$ on them?

I want to buy a camera for under $175 at BB using my BBB, and now I can't decided between the Nikon Coolpix 4.0 on sale from $180 for $150 (not sure if I could also get the $20 gift card using BBB) or the BF deal of the Kodak C360 for $130, about half the usual price. I have a good "film" camera, but I want a decent digital, too. I spend way too much money developing bad photos due to a toddler who is constantly in motion.

Hannah

None this year. :D DH works for canon, so we stocked up last year. After having Kodak and canon DCs I def. prefer Canon. :spamdance And thats not because we get some discounts :gd_twocen

I do love their products, just wait untill their Flat Screen TVs come out next year.... :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: That wl be on my next BF shopping list.

None this year. :D DH works for canon, so we stocked up last year. After having Kodak and canon DCs I def. prefer Canon. :spamdance And thats not because we get some discounts :gd_twocen

I do love their products, just wait untill their Flat Screen TVs come out next year.... :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: That wl be on my next BF shopping list.

REALLY!!!!!

WILL IT LOOK BETTER THAN THE PANASONIC PICTURE? LCD??

I would agree with the comments on the Canon A5xx/A6xx series camers.

I am just awaiting the reposting of the Office Depot ad that is supposed to offer $75.00 off on all camera over $179.00. That seems to be the only way to get a discount on Canon cameras.

-Paul

REALLY!!!!!

WILL IT LOOK BETTER THAN THE PANASONIC PICTURE? LCD??

Yep IMO it will, they displayed LCD HDTV Plasma and their Screen next to each other. Not only was the canon pic MUCH better, it also used much less energy. I think at least 30% less. Nice if you live in a place like ny with high energy costs. I'll def. wait for the canon tvs to hit the market before I buy a LCD or plasma:smart:

Yep IMO it will, they displayed LCD HDTV Plasma and their Screen next to each other. Not only was the canon pic MUCH better, it also used much less energy. I think at least 30% less. Nice if you live in a place like ny with high energy costs. I'll def. wait for the canon tvs to hit the market before I buy a LCD or plasma:smart:

thanks for the heads up, do you know when next year???

i hope the $$ are at least similar, if not better...i live in Boston so High Energy here as well

thanks for the heads up, do you know when next year???

i hope the $$ are at least similar, if not better...i live in Boston so High Energy here as well

I heard prices wl be comp. to Plasma prices (premium above acc. to article) They'll start selling in 2006 (either spring - see link- or Oct/Nov )

Heard a rumor they already sell them in Japan under Toshiba brand. Technology is called SED.

Info link: http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,121083,00.asp