What digital camera are you buying?

yellowlilax

I just went ahead and got the Kodak Easy Share at WM for $97.84 and now that's one less thing to worry about on BF! I wanted the HP but knowing our WM they will probably get only a few and it will be nasty trying to get one.lol RossMAN, what is wrong with the camera? Did I make a mistake?

I would buy a kodak, I wouln't buy an hp. For the average picture taker the Kodak C360 at BB for $130 is plenty of camera. If ou're not seriously into photography, that will suit you just fine. The Canons don't have any really good deals which stinks cause I'm a canon fan. I'm looking for a camera to replace my broken 4mp canon. I'm not inclined to spend what I did on that camera over 2.5 years ago when 4mp was about as high as there was. This time I'm looking fo something like the kodak Z730 or Z740 with good optical zoom and a decent amount of MP for under $200. I mightgo with a canon 510 or 520, Im still unsure myself.

Canon doesn't have great deals because they don't need to. They're the best. They have the best image quality for the price. I'd recommend the Canon a610 or a620, because it has an extra large image sensor (=less noise), a 4x zoom, and the best image processing on the market. In addition, these cameras have full manual control, so if you want to take a hard-to-get shot in low light conditions, you can do so. (The canon "A" series are the only compact point-and-shoot cameras to have manual control)

The only two reasons why you would not want to get a canon:

1) The time between shots is slightly more than other brands... but the new a5xx/a6xx series is much better than the old a7x/a8x/a9x series.

2) Since it has more features, the "ease of use" takes a bit of a hit. (because there are so many options) If you are getting this for someone who is afraid of a multifunction remote control, this probably isn't the right camera.

I was on buy the Canon A520 but it was not on sale. So I going with the Nikon which was my second choice. Both look like good cameras.

My budget was under 200.000 dollars and Best Buy was Nikon 4600 for 149.00 dollars.

Plus they gave you a $20 giftcard making the cost $129.99. We picked one up Sunday

What's wrong with either one of these? I am looking at both of these trying to make a decision.

I just bought the Kodak Z740 at Best Buy, on sale for $299.99 down to $283.99 less a 12% coupon and my single BBB. It has 5MP w/10x Zoom.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/z740.html

You can buy the same camera on BF for $299.99 w/$75 MIR on an camera over $199.00 @ Office Depot.

Replaces my Panasonic DMC-L33 http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/lc33.html. Quite a step up!

If you want a cheap camera, your best bet is beating the rush getting that Nikon at Best Buy for $149.99 plus they give you a $20 gift card on the spot. Not bad at all.

But if you want to know what camera I'd recommend if you didn't want the cheapest one, I'll tell you the same thing I tell people everyday (I work in the camera dept), go for a Canon. I just recently bought a Canon SD450 and I love it, you can't beat it for the size of the camera and the quality of the pictures, it's just amazing, plus all the newer Canon's have the quick Digic II processors in them. If you can afford a little extra $, Canon is worth it.

For anyone thinking about getting a 4 megapixel A520...

you may want to consider tha A610. It not only has 5 megapixel resolution, but it has a larger CCD image sensor. This will result in significantly less noise in low-light conditions. In fact, it's the largest CCD on a 5MP point-and-shoot digital camera. (0.55", FYI. The A520 is 0.4", the same as the earlier models) It's well worth the step up in my opinion. The A620 is the exact same as the A610 except it has a higher-resolution CCD for $100 more. The A610 might actually give you less noisy images than the A620, because of its larger pixel size - but I have been unable to compare these as of yet myself.

i suggest buying a camera that has its own rechargeable battery.

alot of canon's do..the battery in my opion seems to last a lot longer

than a camera that uses AA..

i have a canon sd 400..its a ok camera and retail price has dropped

299.00 and less now

No one ever mentions Fuji--but the Fuji cameras are awesome!!

I like Fuji cameras. I owned one years ago, 1MP I think, and it took better pictures than a Kodak 2MP I had, the autofocus was much better. Sorry, I don't remember the model numbers, but they were models from several years ago.

Just bought the Fuji E510 at Target and will price adjust on BF for $168. It was between that and a Canon A520 for $199. The Fuji is 5MP compared to 4MP on the Canon A520. Also the LCD viewer is 2" rather than 1.8", and dpreview.com states that the Fuji digital zoom one the E510 is one camera where the digital zoom is actually effective without adding excessive noise (that I have seen on every single digital camera I have used). The only thing about the E510 is the zoom is only 3.2X rather than 4X on the Canon A520, but if the digital zoom works as reviewed, that shouldn't be a problem. Besides the Fuji wide angle is wider 28mm rather than 35mm on the Canon A520.