Amazon "No Rush" Delivery

Melissa

Wow, when Amazon says "no rush" - believe them, folks. I ordered a crib on 12/3 and even though I have Prime I chose no rush since I won't be needing it right away, and I figured what the heck - might as well get the instant video credit. Delivery estimate says December 10 - December 12. Delivery! Today is the 10th and it hasn't even shipped yet. It's really aggravating to check my account and see "shipping soon..." every single day for the past week. I definitely won't be choosing that method again. It just makes me nervous when my orders are in limbo like that. I guess Prime has spoiled me! They can keep their lousy credits - I pay for Prime for a reason.

I have had mixed results with the "No Rush Delivery." Some things have arrived fairly quickly, and some things have taken longer than I expected. But I've decided to quit using it because I have to go through the hassle of going to the post office and picking the packages up. I spend more than $1 on gas going to the post office, so unless I am getting several packages in at once, it isn't a deal for me. And with the lack of Amazon deals this year, multiple packages at once just isn't happening!

Ok so if I choose NO RUSH then it is FEDEX delivering and NOT the US post office??

well then I think I will try it, because my postal workers do NOT treat my packages well, they are jammed in mailbox or shoved on my porch wedged in the very corner--you might think they are being nice trying to keep it "protected" out of wind and rain--well ever try opening your storm door and getting the package? The door can only open 4 inches with a package stuck there :rant:

Allshoppedout- My experience has been that all of the No Rush packages have been sent to me via FedEx Smart Post, so FedEx delivers them to the Post Office, then the Post Office delivers them to your home. From tracking, it looks like FedEx gives them to the PO one state away from where I live, and the PO does the rest.

Allshoppedout- My experience has been that all of the No Rush packages have been sent to me via FedEx Smart Post, so FedEx delivers them to the Post Office, then the Post Office delivers them to your home. From tracking, it looks like FedEx gives them to the PO one state away from where I live, and the PO does the rest.

Thanks for info :)

I suppose I should look at the label/tracking more frequently to know who delivers what, but have so many packages, I'm always trying to hurry up and wrap and hide, before kids get home from school. :tongue1:

I have prime and I still get stuff delivered bia Fed Ex Smartpost. I HATE THEM. It gets here in 2 days but I have to go to the post office to pick up because sometimes it is too big for the boxes that our mail is left in. I have a PO Box for regular mail but prefer my packages to be delivered to directly to my house but when Amazon uses Feex smartpost they tru to deliver to our crappy boxes at the entrance to our development since mail carriers are not allowed in our community...

Fedex Smartpost goes to the post office, Regular Fedex does not. It's a super saver shipping method. I will pay anything to avoid Fedex. I live 10 miles out and they will make up any excuse not to come here. I am sticking with Prime and my favorite UPS drivers.