Rude Wal-Mart Employee over a question about BF

musiang

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, to check on a few things, and peek around the store for the BF items. I found the big Jeep ride on toy. There was NO price sticker, so I was kinda hoping it would be marked down already*reg 199, BF $79* I asked the asscoiate who works in toys what the price was. She looked and said 199, so I turned to hubby and said I would wait til BF, so we could get it at $79. She asked how I knew, and I told her about this site and that there was alot of great deals, not just the BF ads. *Always trying to spread the word!!* She called me a liar to my face, and said WM would never let the paper leak out BEFORE the sale. Hubby grabbed me and the baby and we walked out of the store, leaving our heaping cart set there in her way. I wanted to beat her!!!!!! :fryingpan

Obviously they did let it leak, as a regular associate saw the ad and knew the price. I am NOT talking badly about a regular associate here (I've worked similar jobs), but they don't leak that stuff to even "regular associates" if it's that big of a secret.

That said, I think her reply would get me going up to the customer service desk asking for THE manager now. I know WM isn't known for great customer service, but I'd still make a stink. Since you didn't, I'd take a minute and call back to complain - just say that such and such employee (even a description of her) called you, a paying customer, a liar. Maybe they'll at least tell her to keep her mouth shut. :P

Some people are just ignorant and stupid. Too bad murder is illegal, huh?

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Some think that it is still some big secret. Well someone needs to tell them that someone let the cat outta the bag. :D

Maybe she's just upset because she has to work Friday. :gd_orange:banana01::gd_purple:greenappl:gd_orange:banana01::gd_purple:greenappl

Another thing you can do is send feedback about that employee through WalMart.com. I used the feedback to send a compliment to an employee last week, and Saturday morning the store manager called me to let me know they received it, and to thank me for taking the time to do it. Those feedback forms ARE read, so it's definitely worth doing, especially if you were treated rudely. :)

In this type of situation, just always try to be the bigger person. I've found out that keeps my blood pressure much lower!!

Even if you pulled a computer up to her and got online and showed her the website she would probably still not back down. Some people are just that way.

As Forest Gump would say "Stupid is as stupid does"!! Just gotta let it go. Let her live her life in the dark.

I had a similar problem at an upscale department store regarding a line of dishes called Fiesta by Homer Laughlin. I was in sweats with two kids and a stroller and was called a liar in front of about 10 people. I just ordered some fiesta from amazon in four new to me colors when I first started collecting and I knew this shop sold fiesta so I went in looking for serving pieces. I guess the whole sweats and stroller musthave made me look like a liar and a thief. immediately upon arriving I had a cs saying can I help you ... no just looking 2 min later can I help you... uh NO... 5 min later is there something in particular you are looking for by this time I was aggrivated and said yes I am looking for BLACK SERVING PIECES. She just gave me a omg look and said I don't think you know what you are talking about Fiesta doesn't make black I was like yeah they do I just ordered a placesetting and a carafe and 4 jumbo mugs from amazon . She got louder so I got louder and I told her I have about 5,000 worth of fiesta in about 6 months of collecting, so I know what I am talking about and that I would be back in a few days when my amazon stuff came to show her. needless to say I went back she was off so I made a special point to make sure the cs on duty looked at my carafe carefully and would tell her when she returned. The nerve of some people makes me sick I wanted so bad for her to be there so I could ram her head in that jug. Would have been funny if you ask me. And to think she works off comission and I guess she didn't read that poster that says the customer is ALWAYS right.

Mandy

TX

:fryingpan

<snip> And to think she works off comission and I guess she didn't read that poster that says the customer is ALWAYS right.

To quote Pretty Woman:

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Vivian: I was in here yesterday, you wouldn't wait on me.

Shop assistant: Oh.

Vivian: You people work on commission, right?

Shop assistant: Yeah.

Vivian: Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now.

;)

Another thing you can do is send feedback about that employee through WalMart.com. I used the feedback to send a compliment to an employee last week, and Saturday morning the store manager called me to let me know they received it, and to thank me for taking the time to do it. Those feedback forms ARE read, so it's definitely worth doing, especially if you were treated rudely. :)

Yup. I havent run into any rude ones at Wm but have at other places and sent in letters (hand written) for the rude service I received or sent in via the "feedback" cards or online. I guess they do read stuff like that because every once in awhile you will get some "free" things in the mail or a thank you letter back from Customer Service so voice your complaints to Management.

[/font]

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, to check on a few things, and peek around the store for the BF items. I found the big Jeep ride on toy. There was NO price sticker, so I was kinda hoping it would be marked down already*reg 199, BF $79* I asked the asscoiate who works in toys what the price was. She looked and said 199, so I turned to hubby and said I would wait til BF, so we could get it at $79. She asked how I knew, and I told her about this site and that there was alot of great deals, not just the BF ads. *Always trying to spread the word!!* She called me a liar to my face, and said WM would never let the paper leak out BEFORE the sale. Hubby grabbed me and the baby and we walked out of the store, leaving our heaping cart set there in her way. I wanted to beat her!!!!!! :fryingpan

First off the woman was a witch. You should have asked to speak to a manager. Second that jeep is NOT the one on sale. It is a smaller one seater...if it is even available in your area.

Guest Deals4Me

wow.I think I would of draged the witch to CS and demanded to speak with a manager. Would of told him off for hiringthat woman in the first place.

I've got one to go right up there WITH that....the other day I called to ask if they were gonna price match thier competitors that day...and I was on hold LITTERALLY an hour. NO one came to ask what I was waiting for. Told the girl I had a pricematch question and she siad alright, I will get the manager.

I held for an hour and then called back and bitched...was on hold for another half hour. NEVER did have my question answered...BUT my father in law on saturday had a preview flyer that said they would PM. WOO hoo!

Guest Deals4Me
Not at all! You need to be informed...Its what they call competition. The well informed customer knows whats on sale and where. If we didnt shop BF, I wonder what their profits would look like? :D

I wouldn't worry about...I will have all of the BF ads in my hand either tonight or tomorrow morning as I have a relative who is a paper carrier, so good luck keeping things under wraps once the paper carriers have them! LOL

Yeah, that's what's so funny about this "leak" thing that upset the WM employee. Those ads are printed weeks or months in advance; they're shipped to distribution centers where (in cases like BF or any Sunday) the inserts are assembled into groups; all parts of the Sunday newspaper that aren't breaking news are delivered to stores several days in advance...

At ANY of these points in the process, a variety of people have access to the ads/inserts. All it takes is one printing company employee with an awareness of the purpose of a website such as this one and - voila! Black Friday ads galore, WELL in advance!

Oh the walmart associates are so very rude. Once I was checking out with my husband (he's a big guy) and we bought a lot of junk food because we're junk food junkies LOL Anyway, this older lady that was checking us out was scanning our stuff and looking at the nutrition info on stuff as she was scanning and said " This is going to give you a stroke" Or something to that effect. I said excuse me? And she said her brother in law just had a stroke and gave us his cholesterol level and said junk is all he ate. then looked at my husband and said " I would hate for that to happen to you". I couldnt believe she said that! We don't know this woman and even if she had good intentions, her comments were completely out of line and not received well. Her job is to scan the groceries and take my money, I can do without the comments. Now when I buy anything like feminine products or condoms, I'm afraid the checker is going to comment on it. The last time I bought a pregnancy test I swear I was about to have a panic attack LOL Talk about me all you want in the break room, but while I'm in front of you, keep your mouth shut!

Thank you all so much. I did call the manager today and told him everything, including that even though I was asking about the wrong Jeep, I still should not have been called a liar, and been so rude to. Because I got her name *always read them badges!* he said he would be talking to her, and take care of the "problem". Our WM is having LOTS of customer complaints, and with another WM only 20 miles in 2 different directions, they are really trying to get thier profits back up. Hubby said we should have knocked over a bin of balls or something on the way, as she would have had fun chasing them all over! :yelclap:

At my Wal:) mart I was talking to some of the employees about Friday and was telling them what I knew. They were so excited and wanted to know about this site so they could check it out themselves. I do think it depends on your area. Our employees love their job and are very nice. They even treat my kids very kindly.:elmo:

At my Wal:) mart I was talking to some of the employees about Friday and was telling them what I knew. They were so excited and wanted to know about this site so they could check it out themselves. I do think it depends on your area. Our employees love their job and are very nice. They even treat my kids very kindly.:elmo:

AMEN!! Same here :)