Since there is no LCD thread can I get some help?

phatferd

I am looking into getting an LCD screen. I hate my big 'ol CRT monitor. It looks great and I have no issues with the picture, but it just takes up way too much room on my desk.

I saw the LCD TV 15" Polaroid at CC for like $180. Is this a good LCD? I know it's kinda small, but my dad has a 15" LCD screen and I have no issues with it. I am not particularly looking for an LCD TV, but to get an HD ready LCD TV is worth it to me for under $200.

Is this a good deal?

I wasn't looking at the CC scan itself, I just looked at the list here and clicked the link to go to CC's web site to see it. I thought you were talking about one listed in the CC BF ad.

I was, but the PDF scan of the ad and the one you showed me (I appreciate you showing me, so please don't feel like I am being rude. I am just trying to figure it out because reviews are helpful) look different. They could have 2 different colored models.

The one you linked me to (which must be from this site) says it's an HD Monitor, which I am almost certain is different than HD Ready.

HD monitors, HD ready and HD compatible are all similar in that they LACK HD tuners.

I did a search on all 15" LCD's made by Polaroid but they are all silver in color. The other ones I can find in black are 20" and up (and def. aren't reg price of $329 if I am reading that correctly on the scan). I am wondering if CC has the 20" pictured yet stuck the 15" text on it.

I've seen the 15" in CC before and they were black. I kinda want the black I hate silver looking electronics. For some reason they look cheap to me.

Thanks for all the help. I should probably go in and talk to a sales associate, but sometimes they don't know too much. lol.

I don't know about the Polaroid, but I bought a Magnavox 15 " LCD this summer, it was HD ready and I found a $88 deal on a HD Receiver at Radio Shack and using an indoor UHF antenna the picture is unbelievable. I paid $270 but I have seen it for a lot less. It's our #2 TV since it's so small but we do watch a lot of shows on it if they are in HD. I'm thinking of getting the Mag 32" since the picture is so clear.