Laptop vs tablet

junior01

I need one that I can hook up to a printer for school work for my 13 year old. Do any of the tablets let you hook up to a printer and open all of the school files, or is it better to get a laptop? I am not very electronic savy and need any help you can offer. Just lost at what to get, but the job is mainly for school books on line, school work, and looking up information for school, then needs to be able to print.

Thank you in advance.......

That would be a function of the printer, not the tablet. You will need a wireless printer with AirPrint or ePrint.

My son uses both for his school work. The tablet is great for taking notes (with an external keyboard). It runs Android, and there are several word processing apps available (although last time I checked they did not have spell check). But his college course he is taking online (dual-enrolled) does not work on the tablet, so he takes his laptop for that class. I do not know if his online books work on his tablet, that may depend on the book. The tablet is super for looking up online stuff.

For what you are looking for I would get a laptop over a tablet. He will be able to do more with the laptop. If you do go the route of a tablet a wireless printer is necessary. It is harder to type on a tablet (even with keyboard) than a laptop. My kids have both and they use their laptop/desktop for typing up long papers etc. The will make adjustments on the tablet to the paper but the long typing they prefer the laptop/desktop.