My ds17 wants a windows tablet

siczlo

I feel your pain. The only thing my ds13 has asked for is a Surface, starting on the day they were announced. And that will be pretty much the only thing he gets too, besides an Axe gift set and maybe a cheap game and a shirt or two. Makes it hard to even out gifts with the other 2 kids though...

At least the Microsoft Store had a free sleeve deal on BF...

A Surface without the keyboard cover is $499, that's a little less than $600...

Ugh... I guess I just don't understand why does it HAVE to be windows? I don't understand his answer...lol..Something...music...his 'band'....when they record...easier to move around than his laptop...blah, blah, blah

I'm just a kindle fire girl, lol

It's just hard to pull the trigger, because if I do, he won't get much more.

Ugh... I guess I just don't understand why does it HAVE to be windows? I don't understand his answer...lol..Something...music...his 'band'....when they record...easier to move around than his laptop...blah, blah, blah

I'm just a kindle fire girl, lol

It's just hard to pull the trigger, because if I do, he won't get much more.

Well, it does run Windows, so I guess if he's got a specific use that will only work on Windows, that's why he wants that. And the tablets are much easier to move around. But, depending on how exactly and for what purpose he's recording, I'm not sure it would be as powerful as it may need to be. Has he researched that part? I have used a Surface, and the Windows 8 interface is very very nice.

And again, I feel ya, my ds13 will not get much more either. He did that last year too, asked for a gaming laptop, then the rest of his stuff was small. But he's okay with it, because it's what he really wants, and he has proved with that laptop that he uses it and wasn't upset with few presents.

yeah, I will probably cave soon...lol

I wanted to keep my budget at $500 per kid. DS6 is easy, DS13 is right about there, and DS17 will blow it out of the water...

It gets harder as they get older.:gdparanoid:

:) Hope he loves it! If it's what he really wants, then it'll be worth it. I love it when they love their gifts.

And yes, it does get harder... :(

Besides my ds13 wanting the $600 Surface, did I mention that my ds16 wants to go on a trip that is $1600 +airfare?? That is going to be hard to wrap...