Kodak C360@ Best Buy.. question about Best Buy.

Floppy

Okay, so I went back to check it out to see if this is the camera I really want, and the camera I'm going to camp out for. Well turns out the one I was looking at the other night isn't the C360 and I asked an associate if they had one on display, and they told me they did not sell that model there.

Okay, just because they don't sell it there, should I start getting worried? Or will they definitely have this model at the store on Black Friday?

Walmart does this too. On big sale days (like BF) they bring in model # that they don't normally sell. This way there is no lay-away issues or buy it in advance and get a refund. I would feel confident that the ad correctly displays what they will have on BF, but it's still sort of sneaky.

i just responded about this in the digital camera thread

i wanted to see the kodak c360 to see how it was at bestbuy today. I heard bestbuy has these big "deals" on BF's, but when you get there that morning, they're supposably "all out". Well i went there today...there was no display of it, only the c340 so after waiting 15 mins for a salesmen i asked him do you have the kodak c360? He replies no we dont. I said YOU DONT?. He says no. I said well its going on sale friday morning isn't it? He looked at me like...how the hell did you know. He hesitates and goes yeah it goes on sale friday morning, and i go and you dont even have it here? He goes oh ummm well we didn't get it in ...yet.

So i guess this rumor of them having these BIG DEALS and them being all out might be true. So my advice for you Best Buy shoppers better check if they even have the big deals in before you're out at 5am waiting in line for nothing

So i guess im not the only one that had this happen. The salesman looked real nervous when i said doesn't it go on sale friday and you dont have it. Something fishy about this.:fedora:

What's fishy is that the general public isn't supposed to know about it until the ad is published! (that's another reason stores sometimes freak when scans etc get leaked and posted). As noted above, many times there are special models made just for one store for special sales or seasons.

The clerk may be shocked that you already know, or he/she may think you are a competitor looking for info.

its not a model made just for blackfriday. This model is on their website. And i could of just been an employee, cause the employees know the sales b4 ads are sent out. I think he was nervous cause i know it was going on sale and they weren't gonna have it.

It's very possibly an item that they only stock during BF/holiday season. CC and BB have only so much space for digital camera models to show and sell. So this camera may not be one they carry regularly for whatever reason, yet they can give an awesome deal on for BF and so they stock it then.

So you're absolutely sure they really have none in stock in the back, right?

Could the salespeople have been told to SAY they have no stock in the BF items just so they can deep their limited stock there for BF?

I've been to BB for more than a couple of years for BF sales and they've always had what is in their sales ads for BF.....and this despite the fact that the week prior to the BF sales, the normal stock of the item will sometimes disappear and be "out of stock" according to salespeople who are asked. The video cards are one item I see this happening to all the time. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see this go on with the cameras, too.