Financing option confusion for me!1

tranced

ok i usually buy at best buy .. and i get 18 months no interest

and after actually credit charges and all i end up payin around 30 dollars more than the original cuz of stupid CREDIT CARD DEBT clearance fees .. which is riddiculous.. but thats ok.. NO Interest as long as u never miss a payment and GOD FORBID i ever do that !

anyways im looking at the circuit city ad and they have 2 offers

"no interest storewide for 18 months on purchase of 499 and up"

or

"6 months same as cash on all purchases 499 and up"

excuse my ignorance but what is the difference? im assuming if they dont charge u interest then the amount you owe always remains constant!!!

so why wud some choose 6 month same as cash as u have a shorter amount of time to pay the debt off even though the price remains same!!! ?

We bought a big screen from CC with a 24 months no interest a couple years ago. It was just like a regular credit card payment...minimum paymet due was like $30 a month. But to pay the balance off in 24 months, you needed to be paying like $110 a month. The idea is to "sucker" you by the low monthly minimum, and when the 24 months is up you still have a huge balance so they can then charge you all that back interest.

The 6 months same as cash offer probably breaks the total into 6 equal monthly payments.

PS. I certainly don't want to be trying to pay off this Christmas 2 years from now....

I thought it was 6 months without a payment.

Every "same-as-cash" offers I've ever taken advantage of always required payments during the "same-as" period, and most of them required rather large payments, e.g. 6 months=6 payments, 3 months=3 payments.

ok i usually buy at best buy .. and i get 18 months no interest

and after actually credit charges and all i end up payin around 30 dollars more than the original cuz of stupid CREDIT CARD DEBT clearance fees .. which is riddiculous.. but thats ok.. NO Interest as long as u never miss a payment and GOD FORBID i ever do that !

anyways im looking at the circuit city ad and they have 2 offers

"no interest storewide for 18 months on purchase of 499 and up"

or

"6 months same as cash on all purchases 499 and up"

excuse my ignorance but what is the difference? im assuming if they dont charge u interest then the amount you owe always remains constant!!!

so why wud some choose 6 month same as cash as u have a shorter amount of time to pay the debt off even though the price remains same!!! ?

a) phone BB and tell them to remove the debt cancellation plan if you don't want it.

B) the difference between "no interest" and "same as cash" ... To be honest, I'd recommend that you stop by CC and get them to confirm ...

c) I'd recommend against getting credit for the sake of credit.

@