Prices in Oklahoma on Black Friday?

Needs a deal

From my browsing both the "national" ad and Oklahoma's ad, it seems that all the electronic are quite a bit higher. Most appear to be at least $50 more but one of the TVs is $300 more in OK. If you're going to be near the border it might be worth crossing the line to get a better deal. We're going to Arkansas City, KS instead of Ponca City, OK. If you're just going after some of the cheaper stuff ($10-$50) it seems to be only a few dollars difference.

I am in Oklahoma and for most items that are $100 or more it would be worth it to travel out of state or order online. The $688 60 inch Vizio at WalMart is $976. The $15 WalMart video games are $18. Pretty much all good electronics and things that you would really camp out for are not worth it. Other places besides WalMart don't seem to have that issue. I don't know if they don't discount that much, don't follow the law, or if it doesn't apply to them.

I am in Oklahoma and for most items that are $100 or more it would be worth it to travel out of state or order online. The $688 60 inch Vizio at WalMart is $976. The $15 WalMart video games are $18. Pretty much all good electronics and things that you would really camp out for are not worth it. Other places besides WalMart don't seem to have that issue. I don't know if they don't discount that much, don't follow the law, or if it doesn't apply to them.

Why does the local Oklahoma ads now show the regular national prices now? Have they changed or is it the new price now?

Ok so what is this law you speak of?

Oklahoma, Wisconsin and 1 other state I believe have a Anti-competitive law that prohibits stores from selling goods below what it cost to manufacture the goods. Aka The Wal-mart law. It's designed to protect Mom & pops stores in small towns.

Oklahoma, Wisconsin and 1 other state I believe have a Anti-competitive law that prohibits stores from selling goods below what it cost to manufacture the goods. Aka The Wal-mart law. It's designed to protect Mom & pops stores in small towns.

Lived here most of my life never knew that. I hate to say it but I think its a little late for that law to do any good.