Amazon prime question

I used to have an amazon prime membership. It expired & we had a student membership. It expired & I rarely use it other than November - December so I can't see spending $80 on one. However, I thought I saw where you could do a month by month membership, which would make more sense for me. I am watching some of the Black Friday movie, cd, & video game schedules & I don't think I'll be able to keep $25 worth of stuff I want to buy with each item that comes up (which explains why they're so spread out)

Does anyone remember hearing about a monthly option? I couldn't find it on Amazon.

Darn, but thanks! I knew I had read it but started to question my memory! I have a few things to purchase that will get me through a few purchases I have plannedfor Monday. I may just buy some soap or something on other days if needed to get me to the $25 free shipping total.

It's only for people who have never had prime before, not good for anyone else and it's a trial program right now, not available for everyone. If you click on the link and it just gives the 79$ option, you have had prime in the past and are not eligible. I had prime mom in the past, so I couldn't do it. What I did was just get a new gmail account and get a free prime month trial again. It's my 5th one. I wanted my emails to go to my regular email address with my billing, So I sent an invite to my normal amazon account and accepted it. I can now use the prime shipping on my regular account and ignore the new account completely. OVer on amazon forums, those people would be turning me in and calling me names, but on here, most people would do the same thing.

I have no idea what triggered it, but my friend bought the kindle fire the other day during the $129 sale and at checkout it gave a $59 option for a year of prime and she got it. Since I haven't heard anyone else mention this, it probably wasn't triggered by the kindle. Maybe research that option?

I have no idea what triggered it, but my friend bought the kindle fire the other day during the $129 sale and at checkout it gave a $59 option for a year of prime and she got it. Since I haven't heard anyone else mention this, it probably wasn't triggered by the kindle. Maybe research that option?

does she have an Amazon credit card? I got a notice I could get $20 discount on prime membership if I purchase before some date in November.

I can see the new email address option for the trial. I'm going to look at ads & see if what I want is offered @ stores for similar prices. Try to not get the items from Amazon that I can get in person to save my shipping items for when I need them. The first time I had prime I shared someone from here's account. That price works for me. I only have internet on my phone, I'm not ever streaming video or downloading books etc . It's just Christmas shopping where it affects me & after how poorly last year's toy sale went I'm glad I didn't buy it then!

• 4 months later...
Amazon will close your account if they catch you. They have been really cracking down and one person who was the main account holder lost his entire digital content. Only family members who live in your home are allowed to share your prime account. The monthly plan was a trial basis for certain people only and if it isn't an option you can't have it. I have never seen it since., so it must not have worked out well. I would sign up for it if it was, but I have never paid for prime. I have several amazon accounts and just keep getting free trials. plus my amazon mom.

Amazon will close your account if they catch you. They have been really cracking down and one person who was the main account holder lost his entire digital content. Only family members who live in your home are allowed to share your prime account. .

Not sure how true that is. Seems like wording has been updated:

"Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household, or up to four coworkers."

• 1 month later...

Not sure how true that is. Seems like wording has been updated:

"Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household, or up to four coworkers."

It states somewhere that the co-workers must all ship to the same business address.

I've heard stories where they are closing the account and billing the main holder for all shipments.