Chances of getting Sony Nex-5 camera at BB?

BabyFu18

The Sony Nex-5 camera in the BB Black Friday ad, isn't a door buster and it isn't deeply discounted (but still the best price I've found so far).

Any chance that I'll be able to grab this camera even if I don't line up super early for it?

My plan was to line up for the items we want at walmart and be at BB as soon as we are done at walmart. Last year we did walmart and got out pretty quickly, we were out of the store by 1am. So since BB is only a couple minutes away from Walmart, I think I'd make it to BB no later than 1:30am (earlier if the Walmart lines move quickly).

I just don't know if the Sony camera is gonna be a big draw or not (or if its a ticketed item or not). I can't be everywhere at once to get the items that all go on sale at the same time and its very frustrating.

Anyone else looking into getting this camera? Think its going to sell out? Is online a better option for items like this?

I am also getting this camera. I believe they will have enough stock as the NEX 5R is still a "new" trend being a micro four thirds with interchangeable lens as opposed to a standard size dslr. At least that's what I am banking on. Hope that more are going for the Canon or Nikon ones on sale. I am also doing the deal for $100 off the telephoto lens. As it isn't a door buster I can buy this on Monday under the silver early access, the demand from there is usually an indicator of how much stock BB puts to items, hoping it doesn't sell out quick on Mon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yes amazon and other places have bundles at already close prices to the BB total if you are also getting the extra lens. So if you want some UV filters, cleaning tools, bigger SD card you can already buy from there. I just want to take advantage of getting points and financing which is why I am waiting on BB.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to purchase the extra lens right now, but the price on the camera and the one lens it comes with is still cheaper than amazon at the moment.

Hopefully BB will have enough of these in stock, or else somewhere else will have it at a similar price. I'll be keeping a watch out for it everywhere though.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to purchase the extra lens right now, but the price on the camera and the one lens it comes with is still cheaper than amazon at the moment.

Hopefully BB will have enough of these in stock, or else somewhere else will have it at a similar price. I'll be keeping a watch out for it everywhere though.

If you consider the big combo is $996 vs BB combo + lens $900 deal its basically $96 for the other stuff. Not to mention sales tax. Using 8% sales tax at BB is over $70 so really that other stuff from amazon costs $20. But yeah if just the standard $650 deal its BB all the way by $100 for now.

I've been on the fence since I also get 2day ship with prime. You can't beat $100 off the lens tho if you ever plan on having it, reg price is $350!

It's absolutely a good deal with the $100 off the extra lens, just still a little more than I want to spend right now since I've got a ton of other Christmas shopping to do aswell. I do plan on getting the pancake lens at some point though, probably after I've figured out how to use the camera well.