Epson Picturemate

m61376

For the deluxe version (the one with the viewfinder and some limited editing capabilities) 199 seems to be the going price, even through BF. We bought one at Best Buy this week, and although it wasn't mentioned anywhere, a rebate printed out for $40 of ink/paper and a giftcard. Details weren't specified, but I assume that is for one ink cartridge/paper pack retailing at 28.99, and maybe a $10 BB gift card. That was without any other purchase, the $50 rebate also applied with purchase of certain cameras.

If you are looking at the lower end Epson Picturemate, 129 seems to be the going rate, but Radio Shack's Black Friday ad shows it for $29 with purchase of a digital camera.

I wanted one without the digital camera, so unfortunately the current rebate is worthless to me ... is there any difference in picture quality between the different versions, btw?

If anyone hears of any good deals, please let me know- thanks

Print quality appears to be the same on either Picturemate, but the Deluxe version does print faster, and you can do some editing on it as well, without the use of a pc, such as cropping, brightness/contrast, and sharpness. The other model does not have that option.

The Epson PictureMate ($129.99), PictureMate Express Edition ($149.99), and PictureMate Deluxe Viewer Edition ($199.99) have the same print quality and they use the same ink and paper.

The only difference is the features.

I won't know for sure about the BB deal until I go to work on Friday, but I assume that the $40 mail-in rebate is a Best Buy deal and not an Epson one. That means that it should still qualify for the $50 camera bundle rebate.

FWIW, if you buy a Nikon camera with the PictureMate, you should get the PM for free after rebate ($129.99 reg price - $10 instant rebate - $40 BB mail-in rebate - $50 Epson bundle mail-in rebate - $50 Nikon bundle mail-in rebate)

It looks like the ad says, "

$29.99 with purchase of digital camera

Sale $109.99 - $30 Radio Shack rebate - $50 Epson bundle rebate = $29.99

Regular price $129.99

"

So if you buy just the PictureMate from Radio Shack, it will be $79.99 after rebate, the same price as Best Buy.