So are you getting your game plan together?

jakesmommy403

Now that we have most of the big ads (I know some are still waiting on TRU, Kohls, etc), are you starting to put together your action plan? My brother and I are working on ours. Most of our stores are in a cluster except for Kmart, so we're thinking about starting there this year, then moving to Target (hopefully the checkout line will be moving by the time we get there), then over to WM to see what's left. Depending on the lines at TRU or Kohls at that point we might stop in there last before heading home to get some rest. Might hit the mall around 8 am to see if VS still has VIP bags left, maybe spoil myself a little.

We're definitely not making it for store openings, but we're hoping to get to Kmart around 9-9:30 to start our night. Thinking Target would be around 11:00, WM 12:30, other stores after that.

So where are you starting this year? Getting pumped?

Edited by jakesmommy403

My whole plan will depend on Toys R Us. I have 3 kids 5 and under so toys are the biggest thing on my list. I have started a little bit of planning' date=' but nothing major until I see TRU.[/quote']

Our TRU always has the longest most ridiculous line, so I had to take them off of my list of must-stops a couple years ago. I was spending so long in line there I was missing everything else! But I do plan on popping in after the rest if my stops to see what's going on. :)

I have started my lists, the different time starting is really messing with my brain cells, lol.. I think walmart is first stop but have not read Target ad YET, I need TWO tv's and so there will be a plan A, B and C incase tv is gone from 1st store, 1st timed-sale, etc...

I need a 22-26 inch size and also a 39 + inch size. Also want a wi-fi blu ray player... then of course 1 or 2 tablets... some dvds...1 or 2 video games.

Starting to stress over this, eyes bugging me from staring at ads, lol... can't imagine being Brad/gottadeal staff /chart makers... :yelclap: major thanks/credit to them.

I have started my lists, the different time starting is really messing with my brain cells, lol.. I think walmart is first stop but have not read Target ad YET, I need TWO tv's and so there will be a plan A, B and C incase tv is gone from 1st store, 1st timed-sale, etc...

I need a 22-26 inch size and also a 39 + inch size. Also want a wi-fi blu ray player... then of course 1 or 2 tablets... some dvds...1 or 2 video games.

Starting to stress over this, eyes bugging me from staring at ads, lol... can't imagine being Brad/gottadeal staff /chart makers... :yelclap: major thanks/credit to them.

Hey Di! :) You're out for the big stuff!!! Good luck to you! That's exciting and nerve-wracking for sure. I've lucked out this year on not needing any electronics. I'm out for power tools, video games, and stuff for the kiddos.

Same to you! I always vow to be on here more often than just the holiday season but it just never seems to happen. Lol

I actually have been 2012, not frequent, but I have been on at least 15-20 times since last Christmas :yup: I just spend alot during holidays, so don't buy major things during other 10 months of year, lol. Unless a stove or something breaks...

Ok here we go, I have my plan:

Thursday morning: Kmart, some online shopping

Thursday night (probably starting around 9:30): Walmart, Target, TRU, Kohls

Come home and sleep for a few hours

Friday morning: JCP, some online shopping and strong coffee

I'm dying to know where your black Friday travels are taking you this year! Do you store-hop like I do or do you stick to one store? Are you shopping online?

Gameplan :

Next week, visit the mall where Best Buy is located. Speak to director of security for any new rules this year and find out what the plan is and if they are changing the location of the line again.

Message my contacts at the local paper to cover the story as they usually do.

Check equipment. Get chairs ready. Buy more propane for my heater. Load everything in the garage for easy loading into the car when I'm ready to go.

Stand on line for a few days at Best Buy, then hit Lowes when they open, but in the mean time hit a few other stores nearby.

Starting to plan. Got the official Black Friday Binder started. Kids are going to look through the ads this week and decide what they want most. That will help plan our shopping route. With the crazy open hours, we are going to have to divide and conquer this year. At least there are three of us.

Today mom and I are going to take the ads (I printed) and go to a few stores to look around. I want to check out Steinmart, Sports Authority, the Corelle Ware at Kmart and I want to find out about the Office Max Rewards and how they work. Should be a fun day and then I will be that much closer to being ready for BF!

My first stop (as usual) is Walmart. I am going in there for the Nabi 2 tablet. I am also thinking about the basketball goal. There are a few other things, but that is my main purpose.

Then, I am not sure where I am headed. I will probably just go to go. The other stuff I am looking at is not really on sale BF or is on sale but the sale is at the same time as Walmart. I really wanted to get the XBox 360 with Kinect at Target for 199. But, I can't be two places at once. It is 250.00 for the same one at Walmart right now. So, I will probably just go ahead and put it on layaway.

My boys are wanting a cell phone. They really want a smart phone, but I don't want the 45.00 per month price tag (straightalk) that comes with it...They are 14 and they do work with my husband and my dad some, but not nearly enough to pay that every month. I am also looking at AT&T Go phone since I can get unlimited text messaging for 20.00 per month or 1000 texts for 10.00/month. But they don't have anything on sale that I've seen so far.

The other thing is a tablet or laptop for the boys. I probably will not have the money to buy the laptop that is 180.00 BF, so I will probably go with the Samsung Galaxy Tab (since it has good reviews) and just go ahead and put it on layaway at Walmrt (along with the xbox).

This is the first year, that I just don't really have much to get on my list BF. But it is because my BF fund is so small...

Ok here we go, I have my plan:

Thursday morning: Kmart, some online shopping

Thursday night (probably starting around 9:30): Walmart, Target, TRU, Kohls

Come home and sleep for a few hours

Friday morning: JCP, some online shopping and strong coffee

I'm dying to know where your black Friday travels are taking you this year! Do you store-hop like I do or do you stick to one store? Are you shopping online?

Hmm...I think I like your plan...this is my first year doing BF shopping (and I'm not even from the US so I'm a SERIOUS rookie! lol)...maybe I'll steal...uhm...I mean "borrow" your strategy...lol

I plan on pick all my Thursday night shopping in Walmart because well, that is the only good shopping since our Sears closed down. I have helpers this year which is awesome because I can cover more ground. I will have all my helpers carry each others lists so we can shop more effectively. Cast a wide net through the store and if something we need, we pick it up and hold it for the other person. Then divide and check out. I hope to get the usual (games, DVDs, PJs) but maybe get a new vacuum and a steam mop for the kitchen. Also a few toys for my godkids and baby cousins (knock on wood). if I have some energy, I will go back and hit staples for a streaming box or pick one up at Walmart. Maybe Roku or Boxxee. Thats my plan

My mom and I talked about it today. We're fed up with the stores opening earlier and earlier. thanks to gottadeal I've already gotten a lot of shopping done online. We're going to sleep, get up when we normally would have if the stores were opening when they used to and go then. There's lots of stuff on my would like to have list but nothing that we must get or kill my christmas budget. We'll hit wal-mart, penny's, toysrus, kohls and target all at some point but we're going stress free this year. IF we get it we get it, if we don't we don't.

Still not sure on my timing. I plan on doing the big stores (target, walmart, kohls, tru) online and whatever I can score that I really want I will be thrilled if not I will be fine. So I am either going to hit midnight madness at the mall for (bbw , victoria secrets, disney store etc..) or sleep in until about 4 then hit the mall around 5, hit those stores, then after that go to the bigger stores ad see whats left. This is the first year Im completely lost..all of these early openings have me so annoyed I almost dont even want to go out at all.........but I love Black Friday too much =)

I am another one that is not doing the all night shopping, they lost me with that. I plan on getting up around 5am to make my towards JCPenney's. Then I will make the rounds through the mall and over to Walmart and Target. I don't have any "must have's" for BF on my list. So, if I score a few bargains great, if not I will be fine.

Hmm...I think I like your plan...this is my first year doing BF shopping (and I'm not even from the US so I'm a SERIOUS rookie! lol)...maybe I'll steal...uhm...I mean "borrow" your strategy...lol

Oh by all means, borrow away! :) I've got TRU and Kohls at the end because their lines to get to the check outs take forever. This way I can go in at the end and check some stuff out and then decide if it's worth waiting in line.

Just got my final plan together. It looks like I'll be at Walmart at 8pm especially for the Nabi 2! We'll see how that goes. Then I will head across the street for Target's 9pm opening and head right back to Walmart for the Case Logic camera case that goes on sale at 10pm. Not a hot item, so hopefully it will still be there. I'm hoping to get everything online from Kohl's on Wednesday, but if not, I will hang around for their midnight opening.

The plan so far is Thursday at 7:00 AM go to Dollar General get a few things there and pick up extra newspapers while I am out. Come home and finish cooking Thanksgiving dinner visit with family etc. Target at 9:00,then line up at Kohls for 12:00 AM. Not sure where I will go after Kohls but I want to be at Office Depot at 5:00 and Office Max at 6:00. I will have family at other stores too. Not sure how many are going this year because of opening times and growing families.