Girls' Cowboy Boots

DD8 really wants a pair,preferably red or brown(probably size 1Y). She wants the taller kind (not the low-cut fashion style).

Thing is,we don't live on a farm and I don't really want to spend $50 on something like this but don't want a cheap-o pair either.

Here is what she would love:

http://a3.zassets.com/images/z/1/5/9/4/8/3/1594831-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

and I would love something like this only $25 cheaper.

Any suggestions for on-line or B&M stores? I've looked at TSC,Sears,WM,KM,Kohl's and western stores.

Help please!

TIA

YOu won't find a good pair for 50.00. I paid 89 for my daughters and that's bottom dollar. My 3 month old daughter is getting a pair of ropers and they were 56.00 . That's infants' . Anything cheaper and you aren't getting real leather and believe me, the kids will know it. LIving on a farm has nothing to do with it. Stick with the farm stores, you can't buy them at places like kohls or sears, they aren't sold there. Stick with Ariat, Justin, or Ropers. I bought mine from a western wear store and had them special ordered, but the farm and home is where I get the adult sizes. Sheplers, Cavenders are some online stores, but you are still lookingat around89. I buy a lot of my own boots and my grandkids boots on sierra trading post, but it's hit and miss, it's a close out store. I ride horses, so I know boots. I currently own at least 6 or 7 pair.

agree with previous poster!! dont buy the cheap-o ones. they wont last long and in the end you will regret getting them. we paid close to $70 for my 9 yr olds boots. she wears them ALOT, they are almost a year old and still look FANTASTIC!!! we got her JUSTIN gypsy boots at a farm supply store. try countryoutfitters.com they have some good coupons if you sign up for their email and usually free shipping.

ETA: please dont guess on the size of the boots. they run totally different than other shoes and/or boots. unfortunately, this will have to be one of the things she tries on and knows is her gift.......unless your store is close by for a quick exchange =)

Edited by mrsjackrabbit
sizing

What I did was take my daughter into the store and we tried them all on, I then chose the pair later and laid them away. THe farm stores still do lawayway. I also laid away my granddaughters yesterday at the boot store. They had to special order the infant size. She's only 3 months and I wanted a pair to fit next summer when we are riding horses, not at xmas time, so I ordered size 5 infants and they had to order direct from Ropers. I still have Ariat's that are over 15 years old. They don't wear out. I have a pair of Justin's with a hole in the sole. THe sole was leather and I just had the boot store put new soles on them. I see kids all teh time wearing the cheapo boots and they don't even look authentic. I looked on teh closeout site I go on, and currently they don't have any kids boots. The most savings the farm stores have is 20% off on black friday, but that's about 20.00 off, it's a good price. I would'n't gripe out it for a quality pair that you can get most of your money back on when she outgrows them. Look on ebay, they get almost new prices for used ones on there.

Targets boots will be vinyl and same quality as walmart, cheap. If list price isnt near 100, youre wasting your money

i understand that. but some just want them for the "fashion trend" and are willing to deal with the $30 vinyl ones. you and i however prefer the real deal and pay for the quality. just wanted to give the poster another option i had come across.

They aren't too bad, but they aren't great. They aren't as bad as department store, but they aren't near as good as quality as Ariat or the others. I would never buy Durango. I buy nothing but Ariat,Justin or Ropers. I have horses and trail ride with other people all the time. I don't know anybody that would ever buy those brands either. They would buy used boots first.

I am about to purchase my daughter a pair of Durango Boots, are they a decent brand? They are about $90.

I am about to purchase my daughter a pair of Durango Boots, are they a decent brand? They are about $90.

I think you should keep looking! My huband wears ariat's to work in everyday & they wear out very fast for him. He says they are comfy and we buy them anyway but the only last about 4 months. I also have Ariats and they have lasted for about 2 years. If you have narrow feet these will be a good fit for you. DH also has some Justin's that have never wore out but he doesnt like them as much for everyday use. I can't comment about Ropers since we have never bought any. I do have a pair of Baby Fat (or something like that) and they are very "stylish" but very uncomfortable. I hate them! Kids grow fast and just do what you can afford. I personally wouldnt buy boots at a target or walmart or store like that. Those are really junk. Sierra trading had stellar deals but sizes are limited.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

My daughter doesn't ride,and wants them mostly just to wear occasionally. I think they are treacherous on ice and we get a lot of snow here.

As a p.p. mentioned,she will grow out of these by next winter and I know she will never wear them during warm weather.

Now Big Sis has several quality pairs but her feet are done growing and they are an investment.

Little Sis wants cute boots like Big Sis :)

I really can't spend more than $30 on boots she will wear occasionally but she really REALLY wants them and these red ones from Zappos are so very cute!

I will check 6pm.com.

Thanks peppysfireball and mrsjackrabbit for all your helpful info; I appreciate it.

Our needs are different though.

If anyone is interested,I will post if and where I get the boots from.

Happy shopping everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested,I ordered these : Jama Youth's Corona Western boots from Bootbarn.com http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaew_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-bootbarn_us-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_Bootbarn/default/v1353865189885/medium/JamaOldWest_CCY1129G_15.jpg

for $39.99

I think she will like them and they were a good price.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and advice!

Thanks! I think she will be happy with them :)

I had someone offer to pay any price for "what she wanted" but she's only 8 and her feet are growing every 6 mths at least and she will wear them for fashion only,and I can't see spending even someone else's money foolishly.

She will love these and I will love that they didn't cost an arm and a leg.

If she gets a year of joy and wear out of them,it's money well spent!

Update: I received these Thursday and WOW

I am really impressed!

They came in an Old West box (apparently Jama is affiliated with Old West).

Really quality boots and I am very happy with them.

I know Lil Sis is gonna be over the moon :)

They have Big Sis's "seal of approval" also.

Yippee!