Quality Knife Set

Thanks dealluvr, that would be great!! I knew you would be able to chime in since you're always creating something in your kitchen!

hey thanks LOL i tried to find the ad i saw but cannot find it.perhaps it was for only the 1 knife but i will keep looking cause i thought i saw the ad stating 4 knives for $59

I'm looking for a kitchen knife set with like boning, paring, filet, etc knives. Then I'd also like a nice set of steak knives. I'd prefer knives without serrated edges. I went to a restaurant and their steak knives were all one piece and sat on the table on their backs instead of sides. It was so cool! They had a nice weight to them and were all silver, no wood.

I don't really know anything about knives since I've always had the cheapy plastic or wooden ones with a block. Any helpful hints from experienced kitchen people (since I am not one of those) would be great!!

I have a Henckels Twin Pro S set and have been really pleased with them. With Henckels you want to look for the two guys on the block as opposed to one on the budget/cheaper/lower quality knives. I have also heard great things about Shun. Mundial is a little cheaper brand that I have also heard good things about. If you want a more affordable set Forschner Victorinox are very sharp and nice (from the folks who make swiss army blades I believe). They do have a cheaper feeling handle but the blades are nice. I have the steak knives of those because I couldn't talk myself into $300 to match my other knives. You can find all these on Amazon.