Leap Pad 2 or Apple Ipod

hollyd2001

My daughter is 7 years and she has asked for a Ipod for Christmas. I was thinking that a Leap pad 2 would be a better idea for her at this age. She likes taking pictures and videos and she loves music. To my understanding the Leap Pad 2 can do those things. I need some parent opinions, thanks!

Do the iPod. The leappad2 is only really for little kids. At 7, she might be insulted with the Leappad. I thought about it for my 4 year old and was not impressed with it at all. It really cannot do music unless it is purchased from the Leappad store. In which case, you only get little kiddie songs. Also, EVERYTHING is AT LEAST $5. The good stuff is $30 each cartridge.

With the iPod, she will be able to download some free stuff also. If anyone in her household has an iPhone, they can share media/apps.

I completely agree with the Nabi 2. We purchased one for our 3 year old about a month ago and don't regret it at all. Our 7 (almost 8) and 5 year old have iPods and they would rather play with the 3 year old's Nabi. Our kids mainly use their iPods for listening to music and prefer playing apps and games on the Nabi.

We also have the original LeapPads for all three and they still love to play on those as well.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have decided to get her the Nabi 2. We watched a video about it last night and she is like forget everything else, I want a Nabi 2. I am really excited about this gift, I think that she really enjoy it. I think at age 7 the Leappad is not enough entertainment and the IPOD touch is too much freedom. I think Nabi 2 is perfect!!!

losmabies, can you download the google play app yet? Are the games, music, and books that come on the Nabi 2 just a trial? What is the average cost of the games, music, books? Are you doing the stream of tv show's? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks again for all the advise.

I completely agree with the Nabi 2. We purchased one for our 3 year old about a month ago and don't regret it at all. Our 7 (almost 8) and 5 year old have iPods and they would rather play with the 3 year old's Nabi. Our kids mainly use their iPods for listening to music and prefer playing apps and games on the Nabi.

We also have the original LeapPads for all three and they still love to play on those as well.

My daughter is getting a Nabi 2 for Christmas. She is 6. This reply really encourages me, because I was starting to doubt whether that would be best for her. I really love the fact that I can control what she has access to. Is it as durable as they say?

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have decided to get her the Nabi 2. We watched a video about it last night and she is like forget everything else, I want a Nabi 2. I am really excited about this gift, I think that she really enjoy it. I think at age 7 the Leappad is not enough entertainment and the IPOD touch is too much freedom. I think Nabi 2 is perfect!!!

losmabies, can you download the google play app yet? Are the games, music, and books that come on the Nabi 2 just a trial? What is the average cost of the games, music, books? Are you doing the stream of tv show's? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks again for all the advise.

I would like to know the answer to these questions as well.

hollyd we are getting my daughter the Nabi 2 also. She is 6.

My daughter is 7 years and she has asked for a Ipod for Christmas. I was thinking that a Leap pad 2 would be a better idea for her at this age. She likes taking pictures and videos and she loves music. To my understanding the Leap Pad 2 can do those things. I need some parent opinions, thanks!

I would look into the iPod touch at that age or another tablet. I think at 7 she's too old for the leappad 2, jmo.

Edited to add: you've made up your mind and I think you made a good choice :)