Straight Talk Phones - help!

I have had Verizon for as long as I can remember and just a basic camera phone. No texting or data on my phone, but I am ready for a change. I'm opening a business and would like to be able to access my emails, send and receive texts, access the web, all that good stuff that I've been missing out on.

My son has Straight Talk from Walmart and he's happy with it. I would like to get a phone that can have that plan, but most of the ones on their website are for Virgin Mobile. Can I get a phone some place else and still get Straight Talk? I've read about buying an unlocked phone on Ebay - what should I look for? I don't need the fanciest of phones but I would l like a touch screen or a keyboard or something that is not just the keypad for a phone so I can text easier.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/no-contract-phones-plans/prepaid-cell-phones/straight-talk/3944_542371_1072335_1056206/YnJhbmQ6U3RyYWlnaHQgVGFsawieie?_refineresult=true&catNavId=1072335&ic=48_0

This link should show you just Straight Talk phones.

Although there is nothing wrong with Virgin mobile :) My mom has the Virgin Optimus Elite and she loves it. For $45 a month she gets 1200 minutes and unlimited data and text.

I would like to get a phone that can have that plan, but most of the ones on their website are for Virgin Mobile. Can I get a phone some place else and still get Straight Talk?

If you were surfing the StraightTalk.com website make sure you were in the right place. More than once I'd get wisked off to the StraightTalkSim.com website and it didn't have phones that were for my area. Our area doesn't use SIM cards for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Straight Talk phone for about two months and I got rid of it. That thing made me soo freaking mad! I got so many pages about upgrade your service - buy this, buy that. I quit checking my messages because it was always them trying to sell me something!

I switched to T-mobile and I love it. I paid $45 a month for the Straight Talk and now I pay $55 a month for unlimited everything for my half of a shared family plan. It was about $15 more when I was on an individual T-mo plan.

I've had straight talk for over 2 years so far very happy with them

Ditto. I've only had trouble with one phone and it was a touchscreen that messed up 6 months after buying it. Other than that, we've had no trouble. Me, my husband and my son all use them. Been using Straightalk for a few years now. $45 a month for unlimited talk, text and data or $35 a month for 1000 text, 1000 minutes and 30mg data.