Does anyone take their grandmother shopping?

jason

the key is early in the morning! there is hardly anyone in the stores except other elderly people. walmart opens at 7am here and its a great time to shop.

It is a slow process isnt it. they are so worthy of our patience though. I like the the check writing at the register taking as long as if you were writing a novel to fill out..lol

kathy

We used to take my grandmother shopping all the time before she passed away....yea it was a pain going so slow and having to pull the wheel chair in and out and squeeze it through the aisles, but I would give ANYTHING to go shopping with her just one more time! :(

I use to take my grandma Christmas shopping, then I did her shopping for her. This will be our first Christmas without her. I am sure there will be a few tears along with all the fun. If you still have a grandma enjoy any time you have together, you won't wish you had done less with her when she is gone.

My "Grandma" is my mom. Okay, that sounds really funky when I put it down in writing. She raised me from the time I was 6 weeks old. We go shopping all the time together (wheelchair and all) but not on BF. She can't handle those crowds, I can't handle the wheelchair and my purchases and lifting her in and out all the time. So she just makes her list and sends her money with me. :lolrun: She absolutely WON'T miss the deals, but understands that I cannot physically take her on that day.

I use to take my grandma Christmas shopping, then I did her shopping for her. This will be our first Christmas without her. I am sure there will be a few tears along with all the fun. If you still have a grandma enjoy any time you have together, you won't wish you had done less with her when she is gone.

I agree with that, I wish sooo bad i go back in time and spend more time with her! The first Christmas was pretty rough without her mainly bc she had passed away in Sept and it was still so new to us....even 3 years later its still hard to do!

I may be a grandma but I'm pretty "hip." I'm sure my granddaughter loves to shop with me cause she always gets whatever her little heart desires. My favorite place to take her is the Disney Store. My son gets sooo irritated with me cause I can spend hours in there. He literally has to drag me out. He tells her no and I turn around and buy it! But its fun.