Black Friday Safety: Swansea police chief proposes Black Friday law

bigjimslade

Not really sure, I mean it wouldn't hurt to have more security around but I also think it's a sad display of society. I remember one year my B-I-L and I almost beat some guy down because he tried to bowl over and smash out of the way a very apparently pregnant lady. We stopped it from happening so she didn't get hurt and nicely asked him if a GPS was really worth the trip to the hospital he was about to take. I don't open my mouth often but messing with a woman in front of me is never a smart thing.

1st article doesn't say much but seems feasible, 2nd is blocked here. I think it'd be a good idea but...at what cost? On the other hand, it might keep stores from opening so damn early/late to begin with :P

It is still beyond me why some people do crazy/stupid/horrible things just for the chance of getting X.

This remind me. You see cops on bike leading celebrity or big cheese people. Can I get 2 off duty officers to stand next to me so the the other people can't take away my $5.00 waffle maker ? This way I won't go to jail for bring out my pepper spray ? ;) . Of course, the officers will be compensated some way

I think it is a good idea. Brad and many of us on the GottaDeal forum have been advocating for larger stores to have well organized plans for lines and openings for a long time, both for safety and fairness. Sometimes I see it, but other times not so much. Larger stores need to pay for some security (off-duty cops or rent-a-cops) so smaller police departments aren't overburdened.

I think it's a necessity; even with stores opening earlier and spacing out deals, etc, there still should be extra security and the stores, not the towns, should pay for it. Maybe it'll keep the troublemakers away and we can all go back to having the regular crazy BF.