Official Black Friday VIDEO GAME Discussion Thread

Brad

The only thing I have left on my list that's a bigger item is the DSi. Only Kmart has it in their ad for $20 off but at 8pm on Thanksgiving. I don't think it's worth giving up part of my Thanksgiving for $20 since that's all I'd get. I was really hoping Amazon would come down in price.

Guess I still have a few weeks before Christmas to find a good deal.

Glad it worked out for you. Best Buy has a bad reputation for allowing their employees to personally buy items that had been pre-ordered by paying customers. I had that happen last year as did several of my friends when the HP Touchpad craze went all nuts. Bought it online, called the store to verify it was there, showed up to pick it up on my way home from work and low-and-behold, it was gone. The kid working the counter even admitted that another employee had snagged it (and 2 others) an hour earlier.

Terrible business practice.

So happy for you... I have been searching for you

Whoohoo! I just got a call from Bestbuy, and they just got a shipment of Wii U's. They have it all locked up for me to pick up today. Thanks so much to all the nice folks here on Gottadeal that tried to help me find one.

So happy for you... I have been searching for you

Thank you, and I know you have been.... I really appreciate it!

Glad it worked out for you. Best Buy has a bad reputation for allowing their employees to personally buy items that had been pre-ordered by paying customers. I had that happen last year as did several of my friends when the HP Touchpad craze went all nuts. Bought it online, called the store to verify it was there, showed up to pick it up on my way home from work and low-and-behold, it was gone. The kid working the counter even admitted that another employee had snagged it (and 2 others) an hour earlier.

Yes, it is terrible business practice. So sorry you didn't get your Touchpad. Honestly, I suspect that may have been what happened in my case, too. They first told me they didn't get enough to fill the pre-orders, then they told me they accidently sold it during the midnight release, now they are saying they don't know where it went and it is still showing it should be available for me in the system. I'm just so glad they made it right.

Interesting. I guess that would depend on the store. When the iPad2 came out, my husband and I stood in the line for over an hour with all the other customers (he was an employee at the time). After we purchased it, they literally chased us out the door and made us return it because he was an employee. We didn't use his discount, employee number, or anything. Of course they wouldn't just cancel the transaction, they did a refund, which meant that we didn't have the funds available for a couple days to buy another, and they of course were sold out.

Kinda a bad way to treat us, but at least no one could accuse them of letting employees get them all first...

Interesting. I guess that would depend on the store. When the iPad2 came out, my husband and I stood in the line for over an hour with all the other customers (he was an employee at the time). After we purchased it, they literally chased us out the door and made us return it because he was an employee. We didn't use his discount, employee number, or anything. Of course they wouldn't just cancel the transaction, they did a refund, which meant that we didn't have the funds available for a couple days to buy another, and they of course were sold out.

Kinda a bad way to treat us, but at least no one could accuse them of letting employees get them all first...

Which one does your husband work at - maybe I should do my Best Buy shopping there. :)

Shouldn't be too terribly far from me.

Well, actually, I am proof that not everyone who pre-ordered one got one, and yes, I wanted it very badly.

My husband got one Sunday morning. We didn't preorder. He just walked in when Target opened. They had 4 of the 32 gig and he was number 3 in line. Because Target didn't allow customers to specify which of the Wii Us they wanted, they sold all of the deluxe consoles to customers who hadn't preordered. I don't doubt Target was selling all of them to non-preorder customers. Sorry you didn't get one, but Nintendo claims more are on the way to arrive before Christmas. Since they won't be on sale for BF anyway, you can keep checking. Hope you find one for a reasonable price.

It looks like Game Stop has the best price on Forza. I guess I will have to send DH to Best Buy to get Kingdom Hearts 3D and MK. Has anyone seen any deals for Kid Icarus? All my boys want this year are video games and more video games. Thank goodness for sales.

Looking for a Wii console at the moment. Sam's Club has one online now for $89.99 but I am not a member. It has the nunchuk and plus remote but no games. Walmart has a bundle right now with two games. Either of those good or should I wait for the next round of sales? When I bought mine it was a refurb bundle from BestBuy that has Wii Sports, Sports Resorts, Plus remote and a nunchuk for ~$90 so it is hard for me to gauge a deal. Ideas? Should I wait?

It looks like Game Stop has the best price on Forza. I guess I will have to send DH to Best Buy to get Kingdom Hearts 3D and MK. Has anyone seen any deals for Kid Icarus? All my boys want this year are video games and more video games. Thank goodness for sales.

Forza Horizon is $39.99 at Gamestop and $15/$18 at Wal Mart.

My 13yr old son has a PS3. His friends all have xbox 360s and play online together. He wants one for Christmas. I went to Wal Mart and got 4 XBox gold online 3 month memberships for $11 tonight, the Skylanders Giants game for $38, and figures for $9 all for XBox. Now I need the system. LOL I am looking for a 250gb system. If anyone sees some sort of ridiculous price the next few weeks please let me know.

Forza Horizon is $39.99 at Gamestop and $15/$18 at Wal Mart.

In the Walmart ad, Forza Horizon is $15 at Walmart for the xbox 360. We got the last one at our Walmart. Didn't feel like standing in line for the craziness, and so we did other shopping at other stores, came back and there was one more left. It rang up $15, originally $59.99. It's probably the best score from yesterday.... or today?!? lol

I am hoping the Wii-U will be available in Best Buy on BF. I plan on grabbing two of them for friends. As for me, I NEVER buy video games brand new or at full price. I usually wait years before I get the "new" system. My kids still play with their original Wii as well as their Gamecubes.

You won' t find one in store until every single preorder is fulfilled. IF they oversold preorders, it isn't going to happen. I called them and that's what I was told.

I was actually able to get two of the Wii U Deluxe systems on BF. I was first in the store when the doors opened and grabbed them. I figured that they would probably save some for that particular day. My friends were very happy to say the least. :)

I was actually able to get two of the Wii U Deluxe systems on BF. I was first in the store when the doors opened and grabbed them. I figured that they would probably save some for that particular day. My friends were very happy to say the least. :)

I was out later in the day yesterday, and both Bestbuy and Toysrus had them available. Looks like they are not going to be quite as impossible to find as we thought.... I am so glad to see that. Hopefully everyone who wants one will get it.