Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Black Friday t-shirt ideas/design/planning thread [merged]

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#61 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, North America, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Sep 1, 2012 - 5:36 pm

Well, while we're on the subject of t-shirts might as well get this out of the way... So when is the first contest, Brad? :P

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#62 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 22,159 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 1, 2012 - 5:58 pm

Well, while we're on the subject of t-shirts might as well get this out of the way...

So when is the first contest, Brad? :P

When the forum gets a little busier. So if you all want contests, start referring others to GD ;)

#63 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,232 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 1, 2012 - 6:07 pm

When the forum gets a little busier. So if you all want contests, start referring others to GD ;)

Nah we should do it now so some of us actually have a chance of winning lol.

#64 Iliveforblckfri  OFFLINE  

Iliveforblckfri

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 2, 2012 - 5:38 pm

Nah we should do it now so some of us actually have a chance of winning lol.

I agree with Kanyon... This could be because I got a tshirt last year, but I requested the wrong size so I need a new one.

I do send everyone I can think of here.

Darla Who flies 800 miles (RT) to be in a town with stores for Black Friday :gdhug5:

#65 rockpzazz  OFFLINE  

rockpzazz

Spiffy (Almost) Quadragenarian Coot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 2, 2012 - 8:52 pm

I see where the one who are here all the time are coming from, but I still think maybe hold off a bit. A possible solution is maybe giving double entries to those who have been here a certain length of time or posted a certain amount. I know I only post during Black Friday, but the ones dedicated to the site year round should have a bit better odds of winning I admit. As for other ideas- GD? It's only bad to say if you aren't talking about GottaDeal! That one might not test too well, but I wanted to stay on topic a bit.

People always say money can't buy happiness.  Give me fifty bucks and watch me smile. :D - Bobby Heenan

#66 kboyts  OFFLINE  

kboyts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 3, 2012 - 6:41 am

Not sure of a slogan but I think a cool concept would be neon color like flourescent yellow and/or orange. Possibly using both, screen printed to look like construction workers reflective vest. Then you could come up with a slogan based off the construction theme.

#67 cRabago  OFFLINE  

cRabago

cheryl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Sep 3, 2012 - 9:36 am

love the orange shirt idea!!!

#68 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 4, 2012 - 7:10 am

Please just give me a heads up on the colors so I can have shoes to match :woot2:

#69 Needs a deal  OFFLINE  

Needs a deal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Sep 4, 2012 - 1:15 pm

Why stop at just shirts why not hats gloves shirts shoes pants underwear/thongs and socks??? That seems to make the most since to me

#70 ryka  OFFLINE  

ryka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2012 - 2:30 pm

I agree with Hats and gloves. Could wear them all winter long and get seen more.

#71 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, North America, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Sep 4, 2012 - 2:59 pm

Weren't we supposed to have a GD rummage sale at some point? I need new GD everything.

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#72 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• 1,048 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 4, 2012 - 6:17 pm

Why stop at just shirts why not hats gloves shirts shoes pants underwear/thongs and socks??? That seems to make the most since to me

Maybe GD underwear for the "hip hop" crowd. Orange with a Blue "GottaDeal" right above the crack. lol

What did happen to the rummage sale? I remember it was supposed to happen late last year, but don't remember it happening.

#73 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 22,159 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 1:18 pm

Here are 3 quick ideas I put together. Each has a front & back design, but that doesn't mean we can't combine a front from one idea with the back of another. Or we can not use any of these. I just wanted to get the process going.

When commenting, refer to the ideas as #1, #2 and #3 to keep things clear.

You can click on each shirt to get a closer look at the design.

Idea #1 "Caution Sign" (could be done with a blue or orange shirt)

Front:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Back:
Posted Image

Idea #2 "Simple & Distressed"

Front:
Posted Image

Back:
Posted Image

Idea #3 "Athletic Style"

Front:
Posted Image

Back:
Posted Image

So please post your suggestions, ideas for changing these or any new ideas you come up with. I've closed the old thread so we don't have 2 going at the same time.

Like I said, I did these pretty quickly, so they can be changed in many ways (fonts, etc...).

#74 Needs a deal  OFFLINE  

Needs a deal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 1:57 pm

I'm ordering 17 of the number 3s

#75 jade2002  OFFLINE  

jade2002

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 1:58 pm

I like #1 and #2 with orange shirt. I believe I like #2 better though. I don't like #3 at all. I just don't like the Full Contact Shopping slogan. Just my opinion though.

#76 midnight555  OFFLINE  

midnight555

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 1:59 pm

I really like idea number 2 I hope you make a bigger size brad like a 6x would be perfect for me

#77 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 2:13 pm

I like #2 best, also like #1. I agree I don't like the idea of "full contact shopping", just seems like you'd be asking for trouble or for ppl to expect you to cause trouble.

#78 sweetdiggity  OFFLINE  

sweetdiggity

• 1,461 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 2:31 pm

# 1 and # 2 are both great, but I agree with previous posts that #2 is the best! It's simple, but awesome. Normally I don't like orange for a shirt, but I like the orange better than the blue!
Retail: Homey don't pay that. :D

#79 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 2:36 pm

I like #1 in orange the best. Maybe put the GD logo in the cart instead of off to the side. And I think the back of that one is an interesting idea, but it needs the website somewhere so folks know where to find that sea of goodness. Maybe add Twitter on there (since ya have facebook), plus the Gottatalk Lounge, Technology, and Food & Drink (the other forums). And ya even included BigJimSlade! Where's the Comparison Charts? ;) As for the others, #2 looks like it's for baseball fans (not me) and #3 with 'full contact shopping' I'd have to agree it's asking for trouble. Hmm. Maybe put the 'full contact shopping' text in front of a cage or something to make it more MMA?

#80 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,948 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 2:48 pm

I like #2 the best. I do like the blue shirt with the orange print though. #3 is nice but I think would cause too many problems. # 1 I like the front but the back is too crowded. Will you be getting these in long sleeve also for those of us in the cold (or sweatshirts) :)

#81 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 2:55 pm

Hmm, Brad did mention using a QR code for one of the shirts. Instead of that crowded sea of text on the back of #1 how about a giant QR code people can scan that takes 'em right to the site. Might even be cool to have people behind you all the time taking a pic/scan of your shirt.

#82 peifgirl  OFFLINE  

peifgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 3:18 pm

i like them all and want one of each :)

#83 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 3:46 pm

I like number 1 but think the blue shirt with the orange stands out better, I love the back, I don't think it is too busy at all.
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

#84 hockeyfanamo  OFFLINE  

hockeyfanamo

• 1,687 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 4:12 pm

I like #1 and #2.

#85 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 4:17 pm

just being picky now but opened up pic of words on the back and saw livestream listed. not suer, but I think Jim said he may have changed site to make it easier to access.

#86 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,595 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 4:18 pm

I REALLY like the orange, my absolute FAVORITE color! :)

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#87 sigrist_2000  OFFLINE  

sigrist_2000

I'm a Shopaholic...feed me!!!

• 1,140 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 4:30 pm

the back design #2 as a front, and the front design of #1 as a back but any are great!!! i love

#88 lis415529  OFFLINE  

lis415529

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 5:22 pm

I really like #2

#89 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 5:26 pm

Any way we could turn the caution sign in #1's blue shirt to a diamond shape, like the street caution signs? The square just doesn't do it for me.

#90 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2012 - 5:30 pm

just being picky now but opened up pic of words on the back and saw livestream listed. not suer, but I think Jim said he may have changed site to make it easier to access.

He did. He's using Livestream instead of UStream for the webcasts this year. So the back of #1 is accurate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users