Wal Marts 3 in 1 printer/scanner/copier

julz0420

I've had 3 different printers and I must say my Lexmark is my favorite. I have the X5270 which is a step up from the BF printer. The black ink usually cost $19, not sure on the color haven't bought it in a while. The ink really does last a while. One thing to remember when the onscreen displays shows your ink as being out don't believe it ! Just keep printing until you physical see that's it's out of ink.

I'm somewhat of a printer expert and I've had experience with four of the main printer manufacturers: Canon, Epson, HP, and Lexmark.

While every person has different opinions on different companies, I'm not going to talk about products in general right now. As far as the specific Lexmark X1185, it isn't a particularly good printer. If you're looking for a good printer/scanner/copier for under $150, I'd go with an Epson CX4800 (or CX4200), HP PSC1350 (or PSC1315), Canon MP450, or Lexmark P6250.

Out of those, if you're looking for mainly photo quality, go with the Epson CX4800.

If you're looking mainly for speed, or a good value/price on black ink, go with the HP PSC1350.

Stay away from the Epson CX4200. They had a relatively major snafu with them. The print heads totally clog. I've read on several different forums about others having this problem with them. Got my wife one last year on BF, and just recently it died (head plugged). Luckily Epson stood behind their warranty and sent us a brand new CX4800. It's the same basic design, but uses a different cartridge, so only time will tell if they fixed that problem with the new one.

SO, if I get the Lexmark printer, I can only use the Lexmark ink? I'm not understanding, I guess. I mean, I know ink for printers is outrageous, but will only a certain type fit in this one?

~H~

No American owned Printer manufacturer allows ISO compliant companies to produce ink for their machines. I have owned both Canon and Epson Printers. Epson by far has better quality printing than Canon.

As far an any printer is, they are all manufactured overseas in counties like Malaysia.

Stay away from the Epson CX4200. They had a relatively major snafu with them. The print heads totally clog. I've read on several different forums about others having this problem with them. Got my wife one last year on BF, and just recently it died (head plugged). Luckily Epson stood behind their warranty and sent us a brand new CX4800. It's the same basic design, but uses a different cartridge, so only time will tell if they fixed that problem with the new one.

I assume you meant that you bought the CX4600 last year, since the CX4200 was just released about 2-3 months ago. It's true that the some of the older line of Epson All-In-Ones (CX6400, CX4600, CX6600, etc.) used a different ink from the current line (CX4200, CX4800, CX7800, etc.) and that the older ink was a very quick drying formula. The new C-series also uses a quick drying ink, so I always tell customers to print something at least once a week. This should really be done for any printer you get, but especially the Epson C-series.

As a side note, for those who want the best quality photo output, the Epson R-series is one of the best lines of printers, but the ink gets expensive if you print more documents than photos.

i have the lexmark 3150 but i bought the one that has the memory card slots 2 months later we can not use the memory card slot but can still use everything else they wont let us bring it for exchange they say we have to send it in and let them fix it not worth it to me. Yes the ink is high almost 30.00 for each color and b/w but it is worth it to me for the quality it does pictures for i use mine alot and buy lots of ink my printer cost me 99.00 but these look like the same ones without the memory card slots l would buy this one again but without the memory card slot one so i think they are worth it it depends on how much you use a printer and around here we use one everyday it seems. I have had mine over a year

I assume you meant that you bought the CX4600 last year, since the CX4200 was just released about 2-3 months ago. It's true that the some of the older line of Epson All-In-Ones (CX6400, CX4600, CX6600, etc.) used a different ink from the current line (CX4200, CX4800, CX7800, etc.) and that the older ink was a very quick drying formula. The new C-series also uses a quick drying ink, so I always tell customers to print something at least once a week. This should really be done for any printer you get, but especially the Epson C-series.

As a side note, for those who want the best quality photo output, the Epson R-series is one of the best lines of printers, but the ink gets expensive if you print more documents than photos.

You're right...it was a CX4600.

Its in the ad for 39 ish dollars on BF but I got mine tonight for that price. (same model number) So at least here, in Illinois, they are already at the ad price.

Just in case anyone else was wanting one... Check and see if your Wal Mart is doing it now also. :)

Julie

Just got back from picking up 2 of these. They are the sale price in TN as well. They didn't have very many of them out, maybe like 15 or so.

Also, there is a sticker on the box that the ink cartridges start at 19.99 for replacements.

The Lexmark X1185 connects through USB only, not a parallel port.

I also must reiterate that I do not recommend this all-in-one to anyone who wants good quality photos or good value on ink cartridges.

EDIT- Although ink price isn't always a good indication of ink value, I'll go ahead and list the standard price for the Lexmark 16 and 26 here:

Lexmark 16 Black $29.99

Lexmark 26 Color $32.99

I am just looking for a printer for the kids. So this one looks like a good buy, as they use for school projects etc, nothing fancy. They are 8,7 and 3. But try as I might, I cannot find this printer in the ad. Could someone please help me? You can tell me what a ninny I am later. :)

I have 2 ads,The green one which is the blitz items and the red one which is a weekly ad good from Nov. 25 thru Dec 1. It was listed in the red one for $39.