Black Friday Webcast Questions - Please read and respond!

bigjimslade

I know I kinda highjacked someone else thread about the webcasts so I started a new one. I have been working on the webcasts today for this year and have some pressing questions to ask everyone. Please read, respond, comment and give us your ideas.

1. In the past the webcasts have been on Saturday night. Does this still work or is there a better time?

2. What BF topics would you like to see this year covered?

3. What do you like about the webcasts?

4. What dont you like about the webcasts?

5. How long should they last each time?

6. Do you like the special webcasts? (the ones we do the day a major ad is leaked)

Please answer as many as you want. I want to make the webcasts great. It will be our 3rd year. Give us your feed back!!

Thanks in advance!

1. Prefer Saturday (or Sunday)

2. Interested in seeing best deals and runner up's for folks who don't want to/can't camp, best online retailers vs who to avoid due to web issues. Walmart.com was an absolute nightmare last year.

3. I like the information/interactivity of the webcasts and of course the prizes :)

6. I like the special webcasts but will probably miss them due to work schedule

1. Saturday nite (or Sunday nite) is good. Other nites are ok but should start later :)

2, Like seeing the best deals, the best stores, online and brick & mortar

3. Love the chat the friendly banter, the discussions and of course the prizes (wish I could win)

4. Did not care much for the way to get into the webcasts it was confusing and I had a hard time getting to post. May have just been me :(

5. I think 2/3 hours max.

6. I love the webcasts that are on the day the big ads break. Just don't make them so long. I can never stay on for the entire webcast and I feel that I miss stuff :(

1. Friday or Saturday is good for me.

2. I would like to see some of the products that hit ad's reviewed, like TVs and such. I know some of them are sale only models but finding it's counterpoint in the normal world and giving some feedback would be helpful.

5. 1.5-2.5 should be good.

6. Yes when I can watch.

1. I'm good for Friday or Saturday nights.

2. Pretty much the same topics as last year, but perhaps have a theme for each webcast. Like one for Bf camping, another for hot electronics, etc.

3. What's not to like about the webcasts? :D

4. We did have a few folks not so techy-savy that had trouble getting into UStream. Perhaps if we could find a format a little easier to log into. And the ads... UGH!

5. I say keep it at 2 hours. Seems like a good amount of time to go over all the topics and have folks ask their questions. But this year I think we should go for the record (current record I believe still stands at 8 hours from back in 2010).

6. Absolutely! The evening any major ad is released let's do an emergency webcast and go over that ad.

And on behalf of all of us who are a lil' crazy about Black Friday, thanks BigJim for doing this for us! :)

I think there should be 24 hour webcast and make it a benefit for unfortunate children where people can donate money then dev takes that money to black Friday and uses it to buy as much As possible then donate them to kids.

That's not a bad idea. Maybe an 'in line at Best Buy' webcast marathon for charity from the moment he's in line all the way to when he's in the store. And if you thought the media had fun with Dev last year, just wait til they get wind of that. Florida lady, eat yer heart out!

1. Saturday is great.

2. Online shopping : when the website change time. I never can't remember this.

3. I love the webcast because it help everyone

4. Nothing that I dislike but can add specific topic would be nice such as electronic techie stuff

5. Half hour

6. I love the special MAJOR ad is leaked .

And, with a HD , I know the webcast would be GRRRREAT !!

I know I kinda highjacked someone else thread about the webcasts so I started a new one. I have been working on the webcasts today for this year and have some pressing questions to ask everyone. Please read, respond, comment and give us your ideas.

1. In the past the webcasts have been on Saturday night. Does this still work or is there a better time?

6. Do you like the special webcasts? (the ones we do the day a major ad is leaked)

Please answer as many as you want. I want to make the webcasts great. It will be our 3rd year. Give us your feed back!!

Thanks in advance!

1. Any night is fine.

2. Video Games and Tablets

3. I like your Bollywood posters :P. I like how informative you are and are concerned for our savings.

4. too long at times..maybe cover certain topics and stick to a timeframe

5. 2 hours at max

6. Heck yes! That's the excitement of it all.

Friday or Saturday nights.

Online shopping strategies

Love the chat w/ other memebers, BJS you're an awesome host!

Didn't care much for the Ustream ads, sometimes it was hard to get in

couple hours....more or less depending on what's happening

Yes, really liked last years webcast while waiting for the Walmart ad release at midnight

• 2 weeks later...

1. In the past the webcasts have been on Saturday night. Does this still work or is there a better time? Yeah love sat nite, and any night

Perhaps any impulse buys, things that you buy just to have. Like for example extra hdmi cable, usb flash drives. Just random things that are great deals, for like under $50. Not just that they have cheap movies. Something that you buy to have in case you need one in the future.

Or a webcast devoted to the minor deals in the ads. Things that save you $10 to $30.

That they're done with real information , and not so much as just random guesses

A minium of hour and a half, regular 2 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on how many people are invovled and actually participating. I'd say do the longer webcasts the week before black friday. So that during that week could do shorter shows, and just hit the highlights then.

Yes, they're great to have and love that you can rewatch them if you miss them

Saturday or Sunday nights.

Besides price/feature comparisons I would also like to see price comparisons from previous BFs and "normal" sale prices outside the holiday season.

They are interactive and they allow open discussions.

30 to 60 minutes unless there is a lot going on.

YES!