Camping out: who do you need to contact about rules?

Needs a deal

I'd think all ya gotta do is contact the owner/manager at the store you're camping out at. They should know everything about that.

Far as 'reasonable' time spent camping, all depends on how one defines reason ;) Last year reports came in for some folks camping out as early as Monday, and in some smaller towns people lined up the night before and still got all the doorbusters. Consider your location, how popular that store is, and how badly ya want that hot electronics item.

Talk to the store - technically I think the lot is private property, although the city/town may have regulations about camping out/sleeping on the sidewalks, depending on where your store is located.

You might get a few weird looks for asking 3 months in advance.

• 1 month later...
I have been fortunate to be allowed all of the above, from tents to cooking stoves. The only concern that the management of Best Buy and the Property owners had was keeping the peace, and by this i mean that they wanted me to be in control of the situation while they were not there. It is a lot of work, but it can be done, and it is optional of course.

Years ago we 'camped' out in front of Best Buy (in VA). It was the coldest night I'd ever spent on BF :gdchatter:. One person had a tent (they had only lined up that night) and one had a hibachi :flame:. Manager :howdy: came by at three with coffee and doughnuts (Krispy Kreme :gdlicklips:) and had no problems. A police officer :cop: came by later and had no issues either. It's basically YMMV per location.