Amazon Add on Items - UGH

I understand why Amazon is doing it but it makes me crazy that I can't always order what I need because it is marked as an "Add on" item, so until my total in my cart is $25 they won't add it. this isn't everything but it is on some things that I need sooner rather than later.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes I just noticed that they started this. What I find strange is that it is not all things. I ordered some hi lighters for about $2 and they shipped them all by themselves via UPS but yet an order that I placed that was over $100 they send via Fed Ex smartpost and it ended up at y post office because it cannot fit into the mailboxes we have at the entrance into our community. I then have to drive into town to pick it up. Really annoying since it is quite a few miles to the Post Office.

Yes I just noticed that they started this. What I find strange is that it is not all things. I ordered some hi lighters for about $2 and they shipped them all by themselves via UPS instead of via Fed Ex smartpost, but yet an order that I placed that was over $100 they send via Fed Ex smartpost and it ended up at y post office because it cannot fit into the mailboxes we have at the entrance into our community. I then have to drive into town to pick it up. Really annoying since it is quite a few miles to the Post Office.

I came across it the other day. I ordered a few flash drives for my kids for school. Then, when it shows you the "People who bought this item also bought these" secction, I found a holder for the flash drive that can clip on to a backpack. When I went to purchase it, it did the new 'add-on' item thing! I was like, What?

First, I am a prime member. Second, I just did a $60 order 2 minutes ago! WTH?

I came across it the other day. I ordered a few flash drives for my kids for school. Then, when it shows you the "People who bought this item also bought these" secction, I found a holder for the flash drive that can clip on to a backpack. When I went to purchase it, it did the new 'add-on' item thing! I was like, What?

First, I am a prime member. Second, I just did a $60 order 2 minutes ago! WTH?

I realize they are known for how fast they ship stuff but maybe hold off a few hours and see if orders combine or if there is an order being processed the system appends the new order....I work in IT I'm fairly certain that code would not be too difficult