eMachine Question

Guest general41391

Guest general41391

My computer I have now is SO bad that anything is better. My computer now only came with 20GB and this one has 78GB so anything is better

I am not getting a new computer because i just put down $600 for xbox 360, games, etc.

I will prob update my computer or get a new one in like two years or somethin idk

Barely because it's a slow CPU, the motherboard, the RAM and most importantly the video card.

Please remember this is a CHEAP ENTRY level desktop PC, not a Dell Dimension XPS or AlienWare PC. Not a bad deal for $149 but I hope you are not expecting to play most modern games without doing some significant upgrades. By the time you upgrade, you just paid the price for a new and better Dell Dimension 4xxx/5xxx PC.

BUt for regular use for say online surfing and general stuff spreadsheets (word, excel, etc) it should be fine.

Guest unicron

I am not getting a new computer because i just put down $600 for xbox 360, games, etc.

Hmm, I think I'll pay a visit. Where do you live?:D Hope PGR3 is one of the games you're getting! I'll play that game first, while you're ordering the pizza.

Does anyone know the model number of this computer? I can't download the scan. Would this particular computer be okay to do school papers and web browsing on for a 12 yo? My son has my old Gateway (8 years old) and it is soooo slow.

Model #T3406. The specs are already posted earlier on this topic by dukes (think he stole it from my previous post in another topic :gd_stars:)

This machine would be PERFECT for your son. It's best for web browsing and homework (writing documents and such). Not a perfect gaming system, but great for overall use. Best of luck with all the madness that's gonna ensue over picking one up. But whatever you do, please update that old Gateway! :mad: I hate those things!

Why can'tcha download the scan?

I talked with my local WM. They carry eMachines. They will price match the BB price if it is the same model. I just want to do a little homework before BF. Maybe if they do carry this brand, everyone else will be fighting over the WM computer sales. Then I can sneak by and grab this one. Oh I hope sooo!

Model #T3406. The specs are already posted earlier on this topic by dukes (think he stole it from my previous post in another topic :gd_stars:)

Nope.

Heh heh. :giggle: Just wondering since we both posted the exact same specs from the official site at the exact same time in different topics. Talk about coincidence. :runaway:

Gateway acquired Emachines in Jan 2004 according to press releases. Exact date is: January 30, 2004.

Poway and Irvine, Calif., January 30, 2004 - Gateway, Inc. today announced that it agreed to acquire privately-held eMachines, Inc., one of the fastest-growing and most efficient PC companies in the U.S., for 50 million shares of Gateway common stock and $30 million in cash.

Actually that was the announcement, the deal closed on March 12, 2004. Shares of Gateway were valued at @ $5.19/share on that day - today they are at @ $2.97 or down about 40 percent. Ouch. The irony is that eMachines owner wanted to buy Gateway in 2002 and take them private. That might have been better for both.

eMachines were cheaper for several reasons. They were very efficient (corporately and manufacturing process) they also used some decent, but cheaper parts, and I believe they were assembled in South Korea. They made a decent, relatively inexpensive basic computer. I'm not sure if that has continued after the acquisition or not - since I haven't heard too many bad things, I presume the status quo has been maintained.

If someone has a limited budget, it is nice to get a computer, with a burner and 17" monitor for $149 - BUT it will be a basic machine with limitations. I would suggest trying to upgrade the memory ASAP.

Hi,

I'm new to this website and am trying to understand some things. In regards to this e-machine from BB, I notice it has a link. When I click on it, I get 'this page cannot be displayed' when I am at work. When I tried the link from home, it didn't show a PC at this price, but individual monitors or cpus. Is this special ONLY available on Friday and at that point the link will show the correct info? And if it's only available on Friday, does the link indicate it can be purchased on-line or that just an FYI link and it is/might be only available in store?

Thanx for your help.

I know emachine used to have a bad rap for breaking several years ago, are they now as reliable as an HP, Compaq, Gateway, or Sony just to name a few? Why do they always seem like their price is so much cheaper than the other makes on comparable models with the same amount of guts inside?

I bought one for my daughter less than a year ago. it crapped out on her and im looking at buying a new computer after Christmas. It will NOT be E machine

eMachines are nice computers. I have had 2 and they both worked great. I even installed a nice video card into my AGP slot and I have played some solid games with solid graphics.

PC Mag rated eMachines number 1 in customer satisfaction in 2004 and HP/Compaq at the bottom. The biggest myth out there is that HP and Compaq are solid machines.

People get false impressions on things just based on the price. Just because something is less expensive doesn't make it an inferior product. There are better computers out there, but most of those computers are intended for people who use it for very specific things.