New cellphone share plans Verizon vs Att

What do you think about the new cellphone plans Verizon's Share Everything vs Att Mobile Share?

I have Att now and was looking to switch to Verizon because it seems there is better service with them over here where I live in PA. DH has great service in NYC with Att and we have great service once we leave our little town. I checked their pricing and now Att has posted their pricing for their plan (not out yet) and it looks like they will be cheaper. Based on what we would need 4 smartphones their 10gb plan is $20 cheaper than Verizon's 6gb plan. DH also gets a discount of 22% with Att (according to Verizon they don't give NYC Local 3 a discount which surprises me)

Does anyone have the Verizon plan. I know 10gb is alot but there is only a $10 difference in Att price between 6gb and 10gb. Its a difference of $20 from what we are paying now and we have 2 smartphones with minimum data, 700 minutes and unlimited text and 2 basic phones. For us it sounds like a win win.

Thanks

Remember to add in the cost of the smartphone to your total. $40 per smartphone THEN plus the data. No more $10 add-a-lines. We have basically the same plan as you. It is much more expensive with 4 smartphones.

what what? ATT is getting rid of the $10 additional plans or this is ONLY for smartphones?

Something ELSE I need to research....my head is going to explode soon.

Remember to add in the cost of the smartphone to your total. $40 per smartphone THEN plus the data. No more $10 add-a-lines. We have basically the same plan as you. It is much more expensive with 4 smartphones.

Yes I forgot to add that we also pay $10 a line now so that is $30 plus it is $30/month for the unlimited text plan. The plan I am looking at will work out to $240/month for 10gb of data, unlimited text and talk. If I go with 6gb its $230/month with all of having smartphones. If we went with only 2 smartphones and 2 basic phones and say 4gb of data its $210/month. For the extra $30/month we could all have smartphones plus 10gb of data. To me it makes sense plus since we no longer have a landline plus DH spends a lot of time in the city he will be able to watch some netflix etc while at work when he is only on standby. I am told 10gb is a lot and since I really don't use alot and the kids wont either its mainly for DH which I know he will enjoy. :) I hope I am explaining it correctly.

Here is the link to the estimate usage on Att.

http://www.att.com/att/planner/#fbid=VoogbZpX6hv

Edited by racerfan
add link

Here is the link to the estimate usage on Att.

http://www.att.com/att/planner/#fbid=VoogbZpX6hv

Thanks, I think? LOL....I'm one of these ppl that autopays EVERYTHING. Just looked at my bill and my 9.99 lines are over 20$ a month anyhow with taxes and reg fees anyhow(prob the same through any other carrier). May consider going with local company if its any cheaper since none of us have smart phones. I'm considering the change but...

Thanks, I think? LOL....I'm one of these ppl that autopays EVERYTHING. Just looked at my bill and my 9.99 lines are over 20$ a month anyhow with taxes and reg fees anyhow(prob the same through any other carrier). May consider going with local company if its any cheaper since none of us have smart phones. I'm considering the change but...

We pay $15.27/month for our kids basic phones. For my smartphone we pay $41.12/month DH has the charge for the 700 minutes and for the unlimited texting plus $15/month for 200mb of data then minus his discount. We dont get his discount on the additional phones. His charge is $107.50/month. With the new plan he will have the $120 plus $30/month charge for his phone plus taxes then minus his discount and then the other 3 phones will be $30 plus taxes

I just spoke to someone at Att and we can try the plan out and adjust or data accordingly if we find we have too much if we start off with 10gb or too little if we start off with 4gb. Also DD is now eligible we thought we had to wait until the 31st. The new plan is going into effect on 8/23 so I will be getting rid of my hunk of junk and getting a new phone. I can wait.

Did you check Sprint? If you have smartphones, it is a great plan because it doesn't slow your speed down when you use alot of data (like the other companies do).

Sprint service is horrible where I live. Their fees are also more expensive. Just for the family plan like what we have the prices are similar but they have not come out with a plan similar to what the new Att mobile share plan is. They do have unlimited data and unlimited everything which starts out at $209.99/month for 2 smart phones and each additional one would be $89.99. Their current family plan has the same price for the 700 minutes we have now, plus $15/month for their Data pack per line (not unlimited). Their unlimited messaging is an add on also for $20 so they are actually $10/month cheaper than what we have now.