Past BF Tales

soonernstlouis

I didn't see this posted anywhere else (sorry if it was), but do you have any past memorable BF moments you want to share. My best 2 are:

1. Standing outside WalMart a few years ago with 500+ people surging toward the doors at 5:55 am. The towns police show up, the officer stands on top of a chair & declares that everyone must form 1 line (yea right). They won't open the doors until everyone gets in line. Of couse, noone listens. The doors open at 6:00 & everyone rushes the doors. The sliding doors are knocked off the tracks & this cop in a scared, pleading voice is shouting "please, please everyone file into a line. Please, please do not push".

2. In Kmart, there was an item on the top shelf this lady couldn't reach. I was standing next to her, so I volunteered to jump for it. I realized when I came down with the item I also had her purse around my arm (& I'm a guy). She was understanding....

Please post your stories....

About 5 years ago my sister and I were Black Friday novices and we went to Best Buy at around 9 a.m. to casual shop. We stood in line for about 3 hours waiting to purchase a regularly-priced DVD player and one door-buster DVD. I just think it's pretty funny, looking back on it. :)

Oh, last year we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart for this portable DVD player for my son. It took me exactly 8 minutes to get the player and get in line. My daughter was stoked. Well, four hours later I finally got through the line. She had went to Burger King (inside the store), taken a nap and found about 10 extra things to buy. It was nasty!! She told me that she is banning me from going to NFM any more on BF. :D Oh well, they usually don't have much I want anyway.

Oh, last year we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart for this portable DVD player for my son. It took me exactly 8 minutes to get the player and get in line. My daughter was stoked. Well, four hours later I finally got through the line. She had went to Burger King (inside the store), taken a nap and found about 10 extra things to buy. It was nasty!! She told me that she is banning me from going to NFM any more on BF. :D Oh well, they usually don't have much I want anyway.

Ha! Yes, I love going with friends and taking turns while standing in-line to check out... Usually you're in such a euphoric mood you come back with a bagillion other dvd's, cd's, etc. :trampolin

It's crazy at NFM. They have two entrances for their electronics division and each one has four cashiers and a customer service desk. All of them were ringing up sales. :-) Just too much for the poor little thing (she was only 15 at the time and impatient as all get out):rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: