Anyone camping out for xbox 360?

allystl

Since most of the threads here say that XBox 360 won't be available on BF, is anyone here camping out Monday at WM or early Tuesday morning at Target, BB or others? If so, what time would you start camping out for one at WM on Monday? Just trying to get a feel. I'm going to be at BB at 10pm for other deals and really wanted this too. But, it doesn't look like it's possible.:(

Guest general41391
I won't be getting one until Christmas, but if I was getting one on the launch date, then yes I would camp out! I would go there at (the earliest) 3:30 p.m. and wait until 12:00 a.m....I cant wait until xmas...ughh 40 days

Nope. Dh doesn't want one. Thank goodness. The deciding factor actually was that it isn't backwards compatible with all games (it will only be a few of their games). And did you know at CompUSA the employees will not be allowed to buy one.

When we camped out at our 24hr walmart for the PS2 I got there (I was 3rd in line) at 9:30a.m. and they were given out at midnight. About lunch time is when the line started really filling out. Call you store and see how many they expect to get in. The walmart had like 36 PS2's and there were more than than many people in line by 2 or 3p.m. The after dinner crowd were really rowdy when they finally figured out they were WAY too late.

Nah, the Playstation 3 is suppose to be less $$ and better (tech wise). We also love Sony's games. So i'm waiting for playstation 3

Same here bf wants this next year and of course with me working at TRU ( not getting a discount though :mad: ) is happy that he will probably be able to get one. I was fortunate enough to get the new PS2 last year for him and my brother on BF. :gd_orange

I will definitely buy an Xbox 360, but I'm not willing to go thru any pains to get it ASAP. I bought a launch Xbox, and they had lots of problems with them. We had to have ours repaired (at a cost of course) and I think I'll just hang back for a bit to see if the bugs are going to turn up with this generation too.

I haven't seen the specs for the Playstation, but I find it hard to believe it's going to blow the Xbox 360 out of the water. I'd be willing to eat those words if it turns out to be true though.

We've had almost every gaming system (minus handhelds - though we've had a few of those too) since the original Nintendo (plus the Atari back in the day) and we'll probably buy all the next generation too. Personally though, the PS2 has turned out to be the biggest disappointment we've ever had. It's come in dead last for us this generation. The original Playstation however is an entirely different story. The one and only plus is that Rockstar releases the GTA games for it 1st.

I'm going to try to camp out. GF works at Wal Mart. Being a Wal Mart employee she gets 10% off everything but clearance. She gets a 10% off anything coupon every year. So, we are going to try and get a Xbox 360 for $323 before tax. Just hope I'm in line soon enough.

wow. 9:30 the morning of. I'm die hard, bt wow. That's over 15 hours in WM. Ok, can you tell I don't shop rthere a lot! Ok, so can see WM is gonna be hard, but I guess I'll try. The only reason I really want one is for resell and another one for my bf's son. BF wants PS3 also. I wsh we could get a discount on the XBOX, but no luck. I shoulda been like everyone else and either had a connection or worked at a store myself or preordered. And he forecast calls for rain and snow showers in KY Monday and Tuesday. Think warm thoughts for me! I wish everyone luck on this who's going!

I will definitely buy an Xbox 360, but I'm not willing to go thru any pains to get it ASAP. I bought a launch Xbox, and they had lots of problems with them. We had to have ours repaired (at a cost of course) and I think I'll just hang back for a bit to see if the bugs are going to turn up with this generation too.

I haven't seen the specs for the Playstation, but I find it hard to believe it's going to blow the Xbox 360 out of the water. I'd be willing to eat those words if it turns out to be true though.

We've had almost every gaming system (minus handhelds - though we've had a few of those too) since the original Nintendo (plus the Atari back in the day) and we'll probably buy all the next generation too. Personally though, the PS2 has turned out to be the biggest disappointment we've ever had. It's come in dead last for us this generation. The original Playstation however is an entirely different story. The one and only plus is that Rockstar releases the GTA games for it 1st.

See the specs here

As you see, the playstation 3 also looks like it's from 2020 lol!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/Deep954/PS3.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/jmjake21/36503_2.jpg

http://img283.echo.cx/img283/214/ps3front1lv.jpg

Nah, the Playstation 3 is suppose to be less $$ and better (tech wise). We also love Sony's games. So i'm waiting for playstation 3

I agree with most of that but odds are it will be more expensive because of the new tech involveld in PS3 ex blu-ray which is going to be insanely expensive, but in theory that new tech should make it a lot better. As for the 360 I'll probably pick up as many i can for ebay more than anything else. I'll probably wait for PS3 unless something from xbox blows me out of the water before then

I agree with most of that but odds are it will be more expensive because of the new tech involveld in PS3 ex blu-ray which is going to be insanely expensive, but in theory that new tech should make it a lot better. As for the 360 I'll probably pick up as many i can for ebay more than anything else. I'll probably wait for PS3 unless something from xbox blows me out of the water before then

PS# might run inot a delay because of that blu-ray stuff. Its costing them a lot more than was originally expected. This may mess with the price of the system. If you preordered confirm your getting yous EB's accross the country are getting shorted how many systems they expected to get. I hold slot 2 and 3 cause I ordered during E3 so I'm good but a few may be disapointed

Mara