Help with Xmas tree purchase

sbhiggins

This is our first year as homeowners and the first year possibly to buy a tree, real or fake. We're leaning toward fake now, and I would love advice as to a good price-- are any of the tree in the BF ads a good price?

The other option would be to wait until the day after xmas or later and hit the clearance sales.

What to do?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

YOU ARE RIGHT TO PICK FAKE I ALWAYS HAD FAKE AND THEN LAST YEAR IT BROKE AND I WENT AND BOUGHT A REAL TREE AND IT WAS A REAL DISASTER UNTIL WE THREW IT OUT. A GOOD FAKE TREE WILL LAST AND I BELIEVE TARGET IS GOING TO HAVE THE PRELIT TREE FOR $80 BUCKS AND THAT ONE IS A GOOD TREE JUST LOOK FOR THE TIP COUNT UNDER 1,000 TIPS IT TENDS TO BE SOMEWHAT OF A BALD TREE TO ME I REALLY LIKE FULL TREES SO ANYTHING OVER 1,00 IS PRETTY GOOD

YOU ARE RIGHT TO PICK FAKE I ALWAYS HAD FAKE AND THEN LAST YEAR IT BROKE AND I WENT AND BOUGHT A REAL TREE AND IT WAS A REAL DISASTER UNTIL WE THREW IT OUT. A GOOD FAKE TREE WILL LAST AND I BELIEVE TARGET IS GOING TO HAVE THE PRELIT TREE FOR $80 BUCKS AND THAT ONE IS A GOOD TREE JUST LOOK FOR THE TIP COUNT UNDER 1,000 TIPS IT TENDS TO BE SOMEWHAT OF A BALD TREE TO ME I REALLY LIKE FULL TREES SO ANYTHING OVER 1,00 IS PRETTY GOOD

However, The real smell so FREAKIN good..the pine..hmmmm

:D

We've always had real trees too. There really is no substitute, but.... we're thinking of going artificial this year too. My kids aren't sold on the idea yet though, but hubby and I are.

We have hardwood floors, so it's not been as bad as they'd be for someone with carpeting though. That would be a nightmare.

I love real trees too but I'm afraid our cats (four) will try to eat the tree, since they always eat and destroy any living plant I bring in the house. :(

Which is why we're leaning toward the fake trees. Kmart has a Martha Stewart 6' tree on sale on this coming Saturday only for $45 (with no lights).

Is this a good deal or should I wait til BF? (Wish I knew what that Walgreens tree looked like!)

No idea if they have it this year (worth checking out) but in stores last year, Walmart had a prelit, I believe it was 6' for $30. I almost bought it but ended up with this one instead:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3162813

If you can and you are planning on going with a fake tree, I highly recommend prelit! Makes life so much easier! lol

Its only a good deal if its 50% or more off regular price. Closer to 75% is better. Why? Because all store Christmas merchandise has a 50 - 75% margin and BF deals are loss leaders. If you can't find a good tree 1/2 this year wait till after christmas and then buy one. The you can get a really good tree for a cheap tree price.