Casual Corner stores going out of business!

wastedwords

Just an FYI: Casual Corner is going out of business -- so is petite sophisticate and august woman. Look out for 40 - 60% off everything in store starting after BF -- although, closer to christmas the sales should be getting better. cash / credit only (no checks) and be sure to try everything on -- no returns. all stores will be MIA starting december 31st.

just thought you might enjoy all the savings. :) make sure you're super nice to your casual corner sales associates! liquidation sales are often the worst, compounded on BF -- well, that's just a nightmare!

I work for CC. Some stores are already 40-60%, depending on the region and the website is at 50%. They're currently considering doing an Early Bird, but we haven't got word yet. If I hear anything, l'll keep you all posted. And as was said, be nice to your sales associates, we're getting it from all angles!!!!

Guest Deals4Me
I dont shop stores that are going out till the last day.... sometimes they'll bargain with you. I usually tell them, if they dont wanna make a deal, cause they say fine, someone else will buy it. And I say, not if I stand with it all day. Then the manager usually caves... hehehe

all the others as of Jan. 31 will be closed down

Do you know which stores or where we can get a list?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10033445/

By Juleka Dash

Baltimore Business Journal

Updated: 7:00 p.m. ET Nov. 13, 2005

Five Baltimore area malls will soon lose their Casual Corner and Petite Sophisticate women's clothing stores, as the stores' owner liquidates its inventory.

The closings affect the Mall in Columbia, Arundel Mills, Westfield Shoppingtown Annapolis, the Avenue at White Marsh, and the Gallery downtown. Store managers and employees at each mall confirmed the stores were closing but knew few other details. Signs announcing a store closing sale were displayed in the window of the Gallery stores.

Casual Corner's former parent company Retail Brand Alliance Inc. sold its Casual Corner Group chain to Gordon Brothers Group LLC, a Boston-based finance and asset management firm this summer. Gordon Brothers Web cites its expertise in store closings, saying it is "the recognized global leader in creating and facilitating highly profitable store closing events."

Officials at Enfield, Conn.-based Retail Brand Alliance could not be reached for comment. Susan Cronin, vice president of marketing at Gordon Brothers, said the company has no comment.

Casual Corner Group Inc. operates clothing stores trading under the names Casual Corner, Casual Corner Annex and Petite Sophisticate.

An employee at the Casual Corner at the Avenue at White Marsh, who declined to be identified, was told that the store would close by the end of the year.

Kenyon Francis, store manager at Casual Corner at Arundel Mills, said he did not know when the store would close. "Nothing will be announced until the end of November," he said.

Executives at Westfield Annapolis and the Mall in Columbia said they currently have a waiting list of retailers anxious to get into the malls.

Karen M. Geary, manager of the Mall in Columbia, said mall executives are trying to identify a new retailer for the 7,000-square-foot space that houses Casual Corner and Petite Sophisticate.

The closings could mean some savings for bargain shoppers.

Casual Corner's Web home page displays an ad for 50 percent off the entire store, a "Web exclusive." All sales are final, the site says. Casual Corner stores are offering similar promotions.

Founded in 1950, Casual Corner Group operates about 1,000 shops nationwide. In 2004, the company shut its August Max chain.

Casual Corners' closings represent an "end of an era," said Mark Millman, president of Millman Search Group Inc. in Owings Mills.

For women today in their 50s, Casual Corner was "the place to go shopping," said Millman, a retail consultant. But the brand faced increased competition over the years from other women's clothing chains, the Internet and outlet shopping malls, he said.

Retail Brand Alliance also operates the Brooks Brothers chain, which it acquired from Marks & Spencer in 2001. It also operates the upscale Adrienne Vittadini women's clothing chain, which shuttered its store at the Gallery this year, the same year it debuted.

© 2005 Baltimore Business Journal

We haven't been told those either, but they will stay open through holiday....all the other store closings we have seen once they begin there should be a listing on their website either a schedule of which stores are closing on certain dates or they might do it all in one day and post just a final date, which as far as I know will be Jan. 31st, 2006

• 4 weeks later...