Target lines?

ramona1992

I don't think people understand that hte prices at Target aren't doorbusters. There's always a huge line at my Target. I've ALWAYS been able to find what I want later in the day, even the next day though. The ONLY time I couldn't find what I wanted I got a raincheck for the item (DVD player) and got that % of another item. Well, of course I picked a much NICER DVD player with my 40% off DVD player coupon :)

Does anyone know if Target still does the raincheck for similar item thing?

I think that because it's more or less a "regular" Target ad, with 2-day prices, that you can rain check anything in it unless it specifically says "no rain checks" in the ad.

If you put off your Target trip, the danger is that they'll be out of the item you want. Not a problem for very many items, and if you're willing to take a rain check, no problem at all.

The one counterexample would be something like a $18 DVD boxed set. Sure, you can get a rain check and use it for that set or another set at the same discount later. BUT--what if they never restock that particular set? It happens sometimes; Target has limited floor space for those sorts of things, and only carries what's selling right now. The $18 sets are likely the ones they want to dump because they aren't moving, and they might not be back.

And the $90 Lego Millennium Falcon that they're suddenly willing to let go for $50--you think they'll be restocking that? Or are they cutting their losses and using a clearance price as a 'doorbuster' deal?

If you do choose to hit Target early, like I have the past couple years, you can get in and out in a big hurry if you (1) avoid the toy section, and (2) know exactly what you're getting and where it is. Target BF seems to attract a lot of newbies, and a lot of people who linger to fill up a cart and get ALL their Xmas shopping done.

If you want DVDs, you can be at the back of the line when the door opens, get in, get 'em, and get out in 15 minutes. If the doors open at 6AM, you'll still have some cashiers waiting for customers at 6:30.

Just don't get caught against the back wall in the toy section--unless you can fly over the shopping cart traffic jam.

--

Now, does anyone know how well Target will do a price adjustment? I'll probably buy the Millennium Falcon online before I even leave the house. But if I bought it Wednesday, do you think they'd adjust my price on Friday or Saturday?

Anyone know the policy?

Guest cantweshare

I saw the Legos Millenium Falcon in the ad here last night for half of what I just paid for it at TRU ($103). Today I swung by Target and they had at least 30 of them priced at $98.99. So I asked about the price adjustment policy. The first lady told me something incoherent about you have 7 days. :gd_stars: So I went to customer service and read the policy on the wall.

It said if you buy something and it is advertised for a lower price that same week or the next week, you could get a price adjustment.

So I went back and bought it and next Friday or Saturday I'll go to Target again and get an adjustment.

Love it! :gd_pineap

Luckily we now have 3 Targets within 20 minutes of eachother. The 2 years ive been to them, the first year was when Snow White was rereleased and they had some 50.00 boombox and it remined me of supermarket sweep, lol. Last year it wasnt that busy.