Does Walmart give rainchecks?

sjborak

I have never seen rainchecks on "doorbuster" items or other "limited quantity" items. There are sometimes rainchecks available for other items on sale for Friday only.

Has anyone else had problems with Walmart and rainchecks on regular (not BF) sales items? I've heard a few people tell me that the CSR Associates and Managers refused to give rainchecks even though it's supposedly Walmart policy to issue them. One store supposedly said they didn't even have a raincheck form to use!

I have never seen rainchecks on "doorbuster" items or other "limited quantity" items. There are sometimes rainchecks available for other items on sale for Friday only.

Has anyone else had problems with Walmart and rainchecks on regular (not BF) sales items? I've heard a few people tell me that the CSR Associates and Managers refused to give rainchecks even though it's supposedly Walmart policy to issue them. One store supposedly said they didn't even have a raincheck form to use!

We NEVER do rainchecks at my WM. Yes, it is policy to issue them, but we have all sorts of problems between rainchecks and promises to hold items and so on, that we simply refuse any request of this nature.

Nope, not sure if anyone cares but Micheals does...I am a scrapbooking junkie:)

Speaking of scrapbooking.. Do you have a Dollar Tree store near you? Ours started having alot of scrapbooking stuff. I don't do it, but if I did, there is so much cool stuff there now.

We NEVER do rainchecks at my WM. Yes, it is policy to issue them, but we have all sorts of problems between rainchecks and promises to hold items and so on, that we simply refuse any request of this nature.

That's interesting - maybe I heard correctly then. Just to be sure we are on the same page here, your WM never does rainchecks - ever - not even during the rest of the year, right? Even though WM's policy says it will issue rainchecks, right? That's sliding down into BB territory :sleazy::yuck: - any deals on waders?:3duck::runaway: :runaway:

That's interesting - maybe I heard correctly then. Just to be sure we are on the same page here, your WM never does rainchecks - ever - not even during the rest of the year, right? Even though WM's policy says it will issue rainchecks, right? That's sliding down into BB territory :sleazy::yuck: - any deals on waders?:3duck::runaway: :runaway:

Yes, no rainchecks any time of the year. Now, if you make a really big stink about it, they'll make an exception for you.

As far as I concerned, rainchecks are pointless at WalMart. You don't need a ticket to guarantee a price. Our prices don't fluctuate much, and we don't do sales like other stores (percents off, etc.). If something goes on rollback or reduced, that's the price it's going to be until it's either clearanced or marked down again.

How many stores would actually offer rainchecks for limited supply/special buys anyway?

Yes, no rainchecks any time of the year. Now, if you make a really big stink about it, they'll make an exception for you.

As far as I concerned, rainchecks are pointless at WalMart. You don't need a ticket to guarantee a price. Our prices don't fluctuate much, and we don't do sales like other stores (percents off, etc.). If something goes on rollback or reduced, that's the price it's going to be until it's either clearanced or marked down again.

How many stores would actually offer rainchecks for limited supply/special buys anyway?

You make some good points - I'll have to check on the details, but from what I remember, they apparently did make a fairly big stink about it but they were still apparently told that it didn't matter what the store policy was, they would not follow it. :shock::splat:

I think it was for a CD or DVD or a game that had a lower price for the first week or two. By the time they got it back in stock, the price had gone back up. I think that I suggested that they PM at BB, but I don't exactly remember.

As for limited supply or special buys- you might be surprised & it all depends on the ads - the :gd_devild is in the :book:!

I worked at TRU a few years ago at Christmas (that was stupid) and I know we did not honor any rainchecks or hold item's on BF. This was the year Tickle me Elmo was popular and everyone wanted rainchecks, and they were MAD when we wouldn't give them. If someone was really nasty, we would give them one for after Christmas to bring in.