What Was The Best Present You Got As A Child?

treasure60

Mine was a Barbie doll that I wanted so bad,,,I remember is so well. I begged my mother to get it for me and when Christmas morning came, I opened all my presents (no Barbie doll). Later on that evening we went to my Nana's house and the last present I opened and she was there! I remember being so bummed out all day until I opened that present. My mother wanted to make me wait I guess....cause she said "there ,,,didn't think you were going to get that doll did you?" I know it's corny! :elmo:

A Nintendo lol. I was probably 5 or 6 when those came out. Everyone I knew had one but me. My parents kept telling me we couldn't afford it, I was so bummed. However, guess what I got that Christmas? My Nintendo! Come to find out they went to Service Merchandise (no longer in business) on Christmas Eve no less and bought the very last one they had. I was in heaven that year lol.

I got a leather crafting kit when I was 12. I loved that thing :-) I also remember getting a doll when I was about 6 from my aunt..It had a fuzzy face and soft body except the face, arms and legs. I loved that doll. We didn't have/get big presents, but the most memorable were the puppies my dad got my brother and I. We named them Brownie and Blackie (original LOL) but we were only allowed to have them for about a week before they "ran away"

My father decided that it was pointless to have 2 mutts and that his beagles didn't like them, so he got rid of our puppies.

My sister and I got the entire kitchen set from Little Tykes from "Santa". We could hardly breathe! This was in the late 70s. We got the big refridgerator and stove. later used the boxes to make a puppet show and pretend tv (saran wrap covered a hole my dad had cut for us). It was our tv screen. So much fun!

I was 16, had just had cancer surgery on November 1 and all I asked for was some time with my parents for Christmas. The cancer had really hit me after the surgery and while recovering. (They had got it all by the way). Anyhow, on Christmas Eve we all opened presents and everyone kept looking at me funny because what do you get a kid that asks for time, right?! I opened quite a few really nice presents but then they handed me my stocking. There were plane tickets in it for all three of us and their two best friends (whom I love dearly). We went on a 7 day carribbean cruise!! It was wonderful, I saw so much stuff and I got to spend plenty of time with my parents and friends playing cards, talking and just having a good time.

Memories are the best presents in my mind, I just wish I could convince my kids and grandkids of that. I'd be happier to spend the money that I spend on their presents just to take them somewhere for a long weekend and watch their faces when they are having fun. *sigh*

When I was 16 I really wanted a hope chest. I searched the house over thinking they could never hide such a big gift. I even snuck downstairs early Christmas morning (against the rules) to see if there was one. It wasn't there. My dad went down later to make coffee and when the family went in to open presents there was the hope chest. I still do not know how they kept it hidden?? I still have it!!