Who does the Christmas shopping at your house??

shopping mom

I often wish my husband would go Christmas shopping with me, but he really does not enjoy shopping at all. When the folks were in Bolivia he would do their shopping for me, but not with me. ( He had a list of what I wanted, size, color,etc, what store it was in and the cost.) I always made a big list so I would not know exactly what I was getting from my parents. He does go out and get a Christmas Eve gift for the kids, so he is not a Scrooge, he just doesn't enjoy shopping. My Sister-in-law and her husband shop for all their gift giving together. My dad loves to shop too. How is it at your house?

I do all the shopping for our house, all my mom's and grandmother's shopping too. They hate shopping, so I buy everyone gifts on their list and wrap them up. They never even see what they have bought until Christmas Eve when everyone opens their gifts. I really like shopping, so it gives me an excuse.

I do all the gift shopping and the grocery shopping and everything else. If it's electronic or a game for himself, he usually picks it up himself. Sometimes I have to pick up the games he wants too. Electronics, he usually does himself. I'm cheap and he's not. He takes the kids out Christmas Eve around 2 PM to get my presents. Nothing like waiting till the last minute to show how much you care.

I do it all, but on Christmas Eve my DH takes all 3 kids (6, 4 and 2) shopping for my presents and the last odds and ends for everyone else. :holiday08 :holiday08 While I'm home wrapping all the gifts. :holiday02 He would stop at my mom's and she would insist to keep a couple of kids while he finished. :g_laughin I think that was planned on his part. She has passed recently so I don't know what he'll do this year.

:holiday01:holiday03

Most of it I do, I took him with me yesterday and thought I was going to have to hurt him before we got out of the store. All I wanted was for him to pick out a wagon for our 2 1/2 yr old grand daughter, it turned inot a big production. So I brought him home, he isn't allowed to go with me ever again to Christmas Shop for the grandbabies. He can shop for his two boys and of course Moi but the rest I will do.

I do all the shopping so I can get what I want the kids to have and what they want. DH and I have a very different point of view of what the kids should and shoulnd't have.( I do of course run some of the bigger and more expensive items with him though as we don't want it to be an arguement) If he were shopping, he probably wouldn't have over spent like I did this year though. LOL

I also do the shopping. My hubby will go with me on bf if he is in from driving truck over the road. He's saying is "I will pay full price". But as more time passes, this has become a little joke he always says to make me laugh because he knows how I love to go on bf. He's mom told me the other day he said this and I was rolling in laughter because she has no idea it is an inside joke. :)

My DH works all over the country and is rarely home. (68 days so far this entire year) So...I make the list, I brainstorm the ideas, I budget, I go to the store and get the gifts, I wrap the gifts, I package the gifts for shipping, I take the gifts to the postal place and mail them.

Since I do it all myself, I don't have to put up with him complaining about what I spend or his procratstination that leaves us freaking out at the last minute. (and spending TONS more to rush deliver gifts)

So far, I am finished shopping except the 3 items(big ticket to boot) I plan on getting on Black Friday. He will be home for that day so he can complain about how much we spend that one day. LOL

I often wish my husband would go Christmas shopping with me, but he really does not enjoy shopping at all. When the folks were in Bolivia he would do their shopping for me, but not with me. ( He had a list of what I wanted, size, color,etc, what store it was in and the cost.) I always made a big list so I would not know exactly what I was getting from my parents. He does go out and get a Christmas Eve gift for the kids, so he is not a Scrooge, he just doesn't enjoy shopping. My Sister-in-law and her husband shop for all their gift giving together. My dad loves to shop too. How is it at your house?

I am soooooo glad my husband does NOT go with me! He has to look at everything and I do mean everything even if we have no use for it! I end up walking away from him! So Xmas shopping I usually do!!