Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Has anyone found Nick & Nora PJs clearanced this year? Last year I recall that only a couple of the patterns were clearanced with the Christmas stuff and the rest followed the traditional markdown. I forgot to look yesterday.

No, I have not seen anything that is ringing with Xmas clearance. Everything I have scanned is all properly tagged with the regular clearance (30% or 50% off at the moment, mostly 30% off here). I scanned a lot of stuff. There are no N&N PJs for infants/toddlers this year in any of my stores. The kids ones were all following the regular clearance, and I must had scanned some 20 different types of PJs from cotton, to fleece, to flannel, to christmas patterns and non-christmas patterns in the women's section. Everything was regular clearance or regular price. :( Anyone else had better luck?

I also have been reading a lot of rumors about no 90% off anymore... anyone else have any info on that?

I don't believe the "no 90%" rumors. Halloween went to 90% off...I think that people ask employees and those employees either don't know or they don't want to tell people that there will be a better price in 2 days, so they say "no...this is as low as it's going." But I will believe it when I see it.

I don't believe the "no 90%" rumors. Halloween went to 90% off...I think that people ask employees and those employees either don't know or they don't want to tell people that there will be a better price in 2 days, so they say "no...this is as low as it's going." But I will believe it when I see it.

Totally agree. I have been hearing ppl on here say "no more 90%" for every holiday for yrs now, and yet 90% always comes!

Totally agree. I have been hearing ppl on here say "no more 90%" for every holiday for yrs now, and yet 90% always comes!

They have no reason not to go to 90% as it gives them something for the stuff. It has virtually no value for salvage (unlike regular merchandise that they can sell to salvage companies), so they are better off selling it for 90% off and getting something out of it, particularly since they don't have to mark them manually.

Still 70% off here, too. I think the manager was annoyed that it was still 70% off...they were trying to reset the area but there was a TON of Christmas left.

Some baseball items were 70% off and toys were mostly 50% off with some 30% off. They had started consolodating but most of it was just spread around still.

Found Scotch Giftwrap Tape 3/4" 500" + 50 bonus inches for $0.60 and Betty Crocker Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix 17.9 oz for $0.51 each, neither were with the Christmas stuff they were just thrown somewhere so I scanned them. They had a bunch of the Snickerdoodle cookie mixes left in the regular cookie aisle even after I bought 10 packs, I scanned a few other ones (sugar cookie) and they were all regular price.

I wish it'd be 90% in the morning because I'm going tomorrow! I also don't believe the rumors of 70% being the lowest discount.

I went 2 days ago and scored 8 free packs of Snickerdoodle cookie mix, 4 3-packs of scotch tape, some gift bags, dog treat mix, and a few other things like bows, etc. So much fun.

I'm having a hard time getting the Kleenex Hand Towels though. stock checker shows available, but none to be found in stores. Am going to ask a worker tomorrow.

ziploc bags have snowflakes on packaging and snowmen on front, Vanity fair plates have 2-3 christmas ornaments on the front of clear wrap (same for napkins). some of the christmas blend starbucks(red bag with a snowman on it) is ringing up 70% off but not all, I'm guessing maybe store bags and bags at kiosk at front have different#'s and ppl have mixed them? and the pepperidge farm goldfish I saw on sale are in an 11oz box (only the regular ones) with a santa fish on front. I got a few winter (water)melon toothpaste yesterday too, I think it's red wrapping with snow coming down.

My store is at 90% off today! There is hope, esp if your store still has a lot of stuff left. I didn't have time to really shop though - DH needed to get to work and I needed to get back home through the traffic back to the kids. Just a heads up!!

When did yours go 70% off?

Im in SoCal, went to Target yesterday and still 70% off. I havnt not been there since Christmas so I dont know when the 70% started. Most of the "christmas food" was barely 15%, except for the starbucka christmas blend which was 70% and the PF coofies gingerbread family also 70%. I got christmas cd's for 70% but the christmas books were regular price (last year they went down). We had toys, most at 15-30% but some already at 50%... one was a nice christmas barbie pack. Think I may head to another Target today and check things out to see if prices are the same or if they have gone to 90%.

The Mission Target (the one off of Sh.Mission Pkwy and Metcalf) was marking ALL of their clearance shoes to 70% off this mornign. There are nearly 6 aisles full of shoes. I almsot died...I had to force myself to walk away after picking out 7 pair.

Christmas still 70% off though.