Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

I also can't for the life of me remember which day my Targets markdown the toys either, and it is driving me crazy! Anyone else live in Oklahoma remember if they do the markdowns on Wed. or Thurs.?

I am in Oklahoma. When they marked down to 50% this year I was there and it was on a Wednesday, but some stores are slower than others so I have known some stores to go on Wednesday and then others to go on Thursday.

I just scored 5 water baby sunscreen packs Even though they didn't scan with a price they gave them to me for 90 percent off. 1.39 for 2 sprays and a small tube is quite a good deal. I almost didn't bother to check, but the cat needed food so I gave it a shot. Glad I did. :-)

I am in Oklahoma. When they marked down to 50% this year I was there and it was on a Wednesday, but some stores are slower than others so I have known some stores to go on Wednesday and then others to go on Thursday.

Do you mean the 70% off toy clearance in Jan.? Or just recently when they marked to 50%? Maybe they do do it on Wed. I wish I could find a receipt or something from Jan. or last year. I have been making plans to go shopping Thurs. morning, but it would be awful to be wrong. :/ Which OK store do you shop at? Are you in OKC too?

The weirdest and most annoying thing about the clearance stuff is that not all the same stuff is on clearance at the surrounding stores. I found all kinds of things in the baby clearance that was half price at one store but full price at another. The same thing is happening with the toys. It makes it where I am becoming a regular at all the area stores, and living in central Oklahoma there are a lot of stores within a short distance.

Do you mean the 70% off toy clearance in Jan.? Or just recently when they marked to 50%? Maybe they do do it on Wed. I wish I could find a receipt or something from Jan. or last year. I have been making plans to go shopping Thurs. morning, but it would be awful to be wrong. :/ Which OK store do you shop at? Are you in OKC too?

When they just recently marked down to 50. It was a Wednesday in Jan as well. I am in OKC. The closest store for me is the MWC store or the one on SW 44th, but I will make the rounds after those 2. Where are you at? It would be nice to find someone in the same area to get more information without having to go to all the stores in the metro.

I know here in some California stores the mark down is nothing like the 50% you guys are seeing. It smore 25% right now and maybe it will drop down after most of the good stuff has sold.

No idea where you are, but I am in CA and there are no 25% markdowns. The toys are mostly 30% - 50% now pretty much across the entire LA area and everywhere else in CA that have reported, except you. We are talking toys only right now. The only exception will likely be Legos, most of which have only been going to 50% in most stores the last few cycles. Where are you, anyway?

Anyone live in N. VA remember what day (wed or thurs) the markdown happened last year (what store do you go to?) ? I cant find my July 2011 receipts to figure it out and its making me crazy because there is no way I will be able to get to target tomorrow morning, so im freaking out a little and really hoping it wont happen till thurs lol.

Anyone??

I just scored 5 water baby sunscreen packs Even though they didn't scan with a price they gave them to me for 90 percent off. 1.39 for 2 sprays and a small tube is quite a good deal. I almost didn't bother to check, but the cat needed food so I gave it a shot. Glad I did. :-)

The two stores near me had a ton of them the other day and neither store would give them to me at clearance price even thou they knew it was summer clearance.

The two stores near me had a ton of them the other day and neither store would give them to me at clearance price even thou they knew it was summer clearance.

Me either, I argued a little with them. Politely of course, but it got me no where. They said I could buy them for full price, $13.99 or not at all. I was pretty bummed. :(

Me either, I argued a little with them. Politely of course, but it got me no where. They said I could buy them for full price, $13.99 or not at all. I was pretty bummed. :(

Once again the deals seem dependent on who is working at the time. I didn't even have to discuss it with them, it was fairly easy. Sorry it didn't work for you guys! Maybe it will for others...

Toys were same as yesterday here, but it looked like they were getting ready to mark further... Lots of empty spaces.

Got lucky again today and found a camp chair for .89. Again had to ask, but no problem.

Just got back from a trip to 2 Targets in the OK area. One was 70 the other hadn't moved.

Got the following:

086020502 Squinkies Gumball Surprize 5.96

086021874 Squinkies Disney Princess Carriage 7.48

086021037 My Little Pony DVD 2.98

087070010 Hot Wheels Electric Something (can't remember) 12.80

204001147 Legos for smaller children with puppy dog 7.46

204033610 Thomas the Train Rumbling Gold 11.96

204033619 Fisher Price Super Friends (Batman & Wonderwoman) Little People 2.24

204060010 Circo ABC Wooden Blocks 4.48

204070027 Kreo Prowl (Transformers lego type things) 6.23

204070065 Kreo Sideswipe (Transformers lego type thing) 7.31

204070461 Hot Wheels Mini Racer 2.68

204070772 Trio Joker Bot 5.98

204100420 Jungle Junction Playset 16.18

204100431 Fisher Price Little People Twirlin Whirlin Fun Park 10.48

Hopefully there will be more at the other stores later today. If not, I guess I will have to make an excuse to come in late for work tomorrow!

looking for advice. I'm planning to hit up Target tomorrow at 8 am for the big sale. I have one 2 miles away but not enough selection. Theres a super target about 8 miles away with way more selection. Should I go to the super target first or go to the one near by.

Thanks in advance

looking for advice. I'm planning to hit up Target tomorrow at 8 am for the big sale. I have one 2 miles away but not enough selection. Theres a super target about 8 miles away with way more selection. Should I go to the super target first or go to the one near by.

Thanks in advance

I think it just depends on which store has more of what you want to buy.

Everyone should try and check your stores today..and make sure to scan prices...All of my stores are usually Thurs markdowns and they had them all marked 70% today but were not signed or consolidated yet...They will consolidate tomorrow...But the prices were good today..None of them were marked with 70% off red stickers either..They all still had 50% stickers and I had to scan them.

Everyone should try and check your stores today..and make sure to scan prices...All of my stores are usually Thurs markdowns and they had them all marked 70% today but were not signed or consolidated yet...They will consolidate tomorrow...But the prices were good today..None of them were marked with 70% off red stickers either..They all still had 50% stickers and I had to scan them.

That's really odd. I was at 3 SoCal stores just now and none were 70%. I did scan.