* Official Black Friday DIGITAL CAMERA Thread *

i-bystander

Its the Kodak C315 5 mega pixel. Went and looked at it today, at my Target it retails for $159....it's cute....small....I am gonna try and get one!!!

Nice get snakeswiff!! :multi::2woot:

I can't even find that model at Target's website! I was trying to match the picture to 5MP cameras at Kodak's site, but I didn't find it - well done!

sorry man I really messed up my first post I'm looking for the model number for the kodak that is scanned on the front page of the Target BF ad

:2parrot: from another thread:

Its the Kodak C315 5 mega pixel. Went and looked at it today, at my Target it retails for $159....it's cute....small....I am gonna try and get one!!!

for further info:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/EKN031109.jhtml?pq-path=10/3905/6839/7477

Ty Ty....Thats why I went to the store...just wrote down the info from the list here and searched it out! Also...Its not one of the cameras they have in the aisles.....its at the camera kiosk in electronics....at least it was at mine...just FYI

do you mean in it is behind the glass counter by the game boy games, etc?

I have a Kodak from a couple years ago - I love it! It is extremely user friendly although mine is old and does not have a zoom. This year I am going to get a bigger one, and am planning on a Kodak again. I am debating which is better, the Z700 for 197.00 at Kmart or the Z760 at Walmart for 199.00. I use mine with kids and do a lot of cropping for scrapbooking. The old camera works fine as long as I am able to be in their faces when I take a picture but if I have to crop it in much it gets very grainy. Maybe the 4 and 5 MP won't do that, but I don't know which is better, 4 MP and 5x zoom or 6.1MP and 3x zoom. Please help!

I would like to know this also! Or just stick with the C360 From BB.

Thanks

So is this a really good camera because my bf bought one at target w/ the dock for $200 and I don't like it because you can't zoom and on the LCD it looks really grainy, I don't know what model it is. I read that this one has digital zoom what does that mean. I need a camera for my house to take pics of the baby. Any help woud be appreciated. Sorry for rambling.:confused:

SO has anyone decided on a camera yet? I figure the only contenders are the BB Kodak C360 for $130, the Kmart Z700 for $197 with $20 gift card, or the walmart Z760 for $199 with cradle. I'm completely undecided. The Z760 seems really nice with a good lens, large display, and nice feel of the camera. The drawback is that it doesn't use AA batteries, so you're stuck with one battery, or spending probably $30-$50 for a spare battery. It's also the most expensive of the 3. I'm also unsure if I'll be making it to walmart early enough to get it. The Z700 has the 5x optical zoom which seems really nice, but then it's only 4mp. Also, it would be the only thing I'd go to Kmart for. Lastly, the C360 seems really average with nothing super good going for it except an amazing $130 price tag. I plan on waiting in line at best buy though and it seems like a pretty darn nice camera, but not quite as nice as the others. I'm writing this to see what others have decided on and what their reasoning is. Realistically, I'll probably get the C360, but I also like that Z760 a lot too for the 6mp and good lense, but then the Z700 has good reviews and 5x optical. I'm so torn right now :runaway:

BF Worthy!

I just picked up the Kodak Z730 at Office Depot. On sale until Saturday, 11/19, for $199.99 with a $20.00 Office Depot gift card. The cashier asked if I wanted the gift card or a $20.00 discount, so I took the discount, bringing the price to $179.99.

Pretty much the same camera as the Z760. The Z760 is 6.1MP with 3x optical zoom and the Z730 is 5MP with 4x optical zoom. The extra zoom was more important to me than the extra MP's.

The Z730 is on page 12 of this weeks Office Depot ad, available in-store only. Best Buy also has the Z730 on sale this week for $199.99, either online or in-store.

I am wanting to get my dh a digital camera for Christmas but I am totally lost .I was leaning towards the Kodak one at BB because of the price but I am not sure.I would like it to be able to do wide angle and telephoto too.I would also like to be able to order online rather than fight the crowds?Any suggestions?????

I REALLY want to get a Canon Powershot S2 IS. I haven't seen any good deals for it. The only one that has an ad for it is CompUSA which is for $499 with a 128 MB card. That really isn't a good deal b/c I can get it online for 450, and a 128 MB card costs around $20 shipped. I was hoping to see some ads for one less that $400. Maybe circuitcity can deliver!!!!!!

BF Worthy!

I just picked up the Kodak Z730 at Office Depot. On sale until Saturday, 11/19, for $199.99 with a $20.00 Office Depot gift card. The cashier asked if I wanted the gift card or a $20.00 discount, so I took the discount, bringing the price to $179.99.

Pretty much the same camera as the Z760. The Z760 is 6.1MP with 3x optical zoom and the Z730 is 5MP with 4x optical zoom. The extra zoom was more important to me than the extra MP's.

The Z730 is on page 12 of this weeks Office Depot ad, available in-store only. Best Buy also has the Z730 on sale this week for $199.99, either online or in-store.

After looking into all the camera's, I think I'm going to be doing the same thing tomorrow and go to CompUSA on my lunchbreak to buy that Z730. It seems like a really good camera for $180!

I take that back. I just looked at the new scans of the OfficeDepot ad, and I'll be getting the Kodak Z740 for $225 AR! I can't believe that deal, that camera seems so nice. I might buy the Z730 there tomorrow and then return it after I bought the Z740 or keep t if I cannot get it. I'm planning on camping out at best buy, buy I'm not positive now.

BF Worthy!

the real question is though....did you get the cradle???? thats what i would like as well, so its either go for the 1 up on zoom, which isn't that big a deal if you have a good photo editor and are a little more than average on taking pictures yourself, or go for the more MP for the person who prints out a ton of pics???

for me the 760 is worthy because i do printout alot, and i want that cradle regardless

now the question is, the Office Depot one, whats the storage on it???

Hello,

I have 200 dollars target gift card which I need to use by end of this year otherwise they expire. Any suggestions on Kodak or fuji camera listed under target. Suggestions and feedback is much appreciated,

thanks

ok, so the Kodak will give you....

- 5.0 MP

- 1.5" LCD

- 2 kodak specific betteries (or equivalent)

- 16mb internal memory

- looks like a 4x zoom on it

Fuji will give you....

- 5.2 MP

- 2" LCD

- 2 AA batteries

- 3.2X zoom wide angle

- requires a specifiv storage card (a bit more $)

LINK

I take that back. I just looked at the new scans of the OfficeDepot ad, and I'll be getting the Kodak Z740 for $225 AR! I can't believe that deal, that camera seems so nice. I might buy the Z730 there tomorrow and then return it after I bought the Z740 or keep t if I cannot get it. I'm planning on camping out at best buy, buy I'm not positive now.

The Z740 is a good deal, as well. Both the Z730 & Z740 have optional telephoto lens & wide angle lens available, and I took the price of those options into consideration. The Z730 uses a 37mm lens and they list for $50 & $60. The Z740 uses a 55mm lens and they list for $150 each.

All you can really do is research and decide which camera model suits your needs.

:jester: I am on a limited budget and can't decide whick camera to get for my mom. She needs one that is simple and not to many features that will make it complicated. Here are my choices:

Optimus 5mp 89.99 target

Argus 5mp 79.99 Sears

Kodak C300 Easyshare 3.2mp 99.99 Sears

HP Photosmart E317 98.88

She will probably take photos and then send to a lab to have them printed out on 4x6.

Thanks for all the advise!!

the real question is though....did you get the cradle???? thats what i would like as well, so its either go for the 1 up on zoom, which isn't that big a deal if you have a good photo editor and are a little more than average on taking pictures yourself, or go for the more MP for the person who prints out a ton of pics???

for me the 760 is worthy because i do printout alot, and i want that cradle regardless

now the question is, the Office Depot one, whats the storage on it???

The Z730 at Office Depot and Best Buy this week do not come with the camera dock. If the camera dock is important then the Wal-Mart deal for the Z760 is better. I decided to go with the sure thing rather than take the chance that Wal-Mart would be really limited on the Z760 package.

For the average person who mainly prints in 4 x 6 size, *most* cameras with at least 3MP do an excellent job. The higher MP's come into play when you are printing larger than 4 x 6. Frankly, my old SiPix 3.1MP took excellent pics that printed in 8 x 10 with great detail. But that was a fixed lens camera and I wanted a camera with optical zoom and optional lenses. I miss my SLR days.... :)

The internal storage on the Z730 & Z760 is 32mb.

I see Circuit City will have a Kodak 5.0MP Digital Camera w/ Printer Dock Bundle for $179.99. Not sure which model that is, as the shopping list link comes back with session timed out...

ok, so the Kodak will give you....

- 5.0 MP

- 1.5" LCD

- 2 kodak specific betteries (or equivalent)

- 16mb internal memory

- looks like a 4x zoom on it

Fuji will give you....

- 5.2 MP

- 2" LCD

- 2 AA batteries

- 3.2X zoom wide angle

- requires a specifiv storage card (a bit more $)

LINK

You seem to know alot about cameras which one is better the HP at walmart for $98.88 or the Kodak at Target for $89.99. What exactly is digital zoom? See earlier post that I wrote about camera bf has if at all possible. Thanks in advance.:)

THANK YOU!!!!

I've been looking for the Kodak Z700 and finally see that I'll be hitting Kmart on Turkey Day! I'm very relieved - go figure the one camera I'm planning to get isn't going to be on sale everywhere...oh well! At least it's on sale somewhere!!

THANK YOU! This whole site, all of the people here - have been a huge help to me!

I went and bought the kodak at Target. It looks very good for a beginner (I bought mine for my 13 year old). It is a great price. You have to remember that you don't need to buy the separate printer. If you have a computer already the usb cord is provided and so is the software so you can print off on your regular printer.

Hello,

I have 200 dollars target gift card which I need to use by end of this year otherwise they expire. Any suggestions on Kodak or fuji camera listed under target. Suggestions and feedback is much appreciated,

thanks

I would buy the Fuji over the Kodak. I have the next step up Fuji E550 and it is a really great camera! The 550 takes great pictures, is very responsive and has a lot of great features. I think the main difference with the 510 is it is 5.2MP instead of 6.0MP and it has a few less manual controls. The only drawback with the Fuji cameras is the memory cards for them are a little more expensive.