Doll house

I don't know about a store bought dollhouse, but for two of my girls I made them ones out of bookcases. I just went to WM and got the lil cheap bookcases, 3 shelf or 5 shelf depending on how many rooms you want and I went to Hobby Lobby and got scrapbook paper to put on the insides (walls) after assembled and used felt for the carpet. You can use scrap fabric to make rugs and buy the Barbie furniture sets and decorate how you want it. The kids get a kick out of it especially when you let them pick out the "wallpaper" and "flooring". Just a thought.

There are several on eBay, some for as low as $35. Look in the Dolls and Bears|Dollhouse Miniatures|Houses category.

With that said, I actually build and decorate dollhouses, and I love the idea amood06 has, it's great fun to build you own. Kids do love to pick out their own things, and it's neat to see what kinds of things they come up with to make their own furniture and/or accessories. (Makes a great math lesson too, figuring out scale. Barbie size is also referred to Playscale, which is 1/6.)

I don't know about a store bought dollhouse, but for two of my girls I made them ones out of bookcases. I just went to WM and got the lil cheap bookcases, 3 shelf or 5 shelf depending on how many rooms you want and I went to Hobby Lobby and got scrapbook paper to put on the insides (walls) after assembled and used felt for the carpet. You can use scrap fabric to make rugs and buy the Barbie furniture sets and decorate how you want it. The kids get a kick out of it especially when you let them pick out the "wallpaper" and "flooring". Just a thought.

That's a GREAT idea! You could probably even pick up carpet remnants for the flooring, or tile pieces, etc.