Does anywhere still have holiday cologne sets 50% off, day after Christmas??

doreen725

Hello all,

When I was younger (not too long ago!), I remember that most stores had their "holiday gift sets" of cologne and such on sale for 50% off the day after Christmas. Not high end perfumes, but more like Jovan, Jean Nate, Brute, Old Spice, etc. I have been checking the ads but I am not seeing anything like that. Does anyone know of any stores that still do that? I really don't need gift wrap or ornaments, but still looking for some after Christmas deals for things I can use throughout the year. Any other bargains out there that anyone knows of along those lines?

I live in California, so looking for this area. Thank you!

Just got back from Walmart, Target, CVS and Walgreens. Walmart had some off brand bath sets but did have some single bottle colognes at 50% off too. Target didn't have any, CVS had the best sets as far as colognes go (Pierre Cardan, Elizabeth Taylor, Jovan, Alyssa Ashley, Stetson to name a few) and Walgreens had some at 50% off, but nothing I really cared for.

People go into Walmart here right when they open the day after Christmas and fill 2 shopping carts overfull with cologne and bath sets, if you walk in 10 minutes after the store opens you see several people pushing and pulling 2 carts full of the stuff to the registers. If you get there after them your choices are limited because they have cleared the shelves of many things.

Walgreens used to do everything at 50% off the day after Christmas, but now they do a few and then in a week or so they do a few more and they may do a few more after that... So you have to keep going in there and checking every couple days if you are wanting a certain set to go down, and they go pretty fast once they drop the prices.

When I went yesterday, WM and Target didn't have theirs marked down yet. Wonder what they are waiting on. I would have expected WM to deeply discount the ones online like Target did the week before Christmas (under $5) and free shipping. Although that's a long story on that one.