Problems with Best Buy Video Games Order

amood06

I have been on hold for over an hour now. Why? I ordered xbox kinect games with the buy 2 get 1 free promotion that they have and changed my mind on one of the games. So I called them them to see if I could swap out games and was told okay, no problem. She canceled one of the games (Disneyland Adventures) and ordered Kinectimals instead. On the website under the order the price was zeroed out so I thought it was going to be free. Next day, they charged my account $26.80. I called and they told me there was nothing that they could do because she had made Kinectimals a separate order from the other two and therefore I didn't qualify for the promotion. What the....? Really. Really, Best Buy. Maybe I should stick with the actual store instead of ordering anything from them online. I have 3 open orders with them, I should probably cancel them all.

Okay here's an update: Waited on phone for an hour and a half then got disconnected. Called again, waited 22 minutes got sent to a mailbox that was full. (i'm sure of profanities from other customers BB screwed over.) Went to best buy store, actually thinking that would make a difference.:rolleyes: It didn't. Waiting in line for 20 minutes, only to be told to call Best Buy on phone (already did that). So they said the only thing they could do was cancel the order. Fine at that point I felt like I was being tortured and wanted it all to end. So from that order I had two items available for pickup. She said she couldn't cancel the orders until I picked them up. Again fine. Whatever. So I get the order and then she tells me that I have to wait two hours for the system to process any refunds. Are you kidding me? Did you not know that before you told me to just cancel the orders. So another associate comes by (nice lady) and offers to keep merchandise and refund at midnight tonight when they're closing. Because I should now trust BB to do what they're supposed to do.

Anyway, after BB I went to Walmart (with a copy of their price match guarantee) and bought the video games in their store. If you decide to do this, make sure you print out from the WM website their price guarantee which states about BOGO because she did try to say that they don't price match BOGO. Here's the link: http://walmartstores.com/10563.aspx

I also had an order unfilled by Best Buy. Order was placed online on November 30th. By Dec 6th, 13th, then 22nd I called each time .....waited for an hour to talk to someone, then got disconnected. Yesterday after another hour wait, the rep told me my order was cancelled a few days ago! I was hot! I promptly filed a report with the Better Business Bureau! I know it does no good, but it let me "vent" online to someone about their crappy customer service.

I think this is the beginning of their downfall. They tried to over extend themselves to compete with amazon this year and proved they just couldn't do it. Instead they ended up looking worse than before. As long as amazon thrives best buy cant keep up and will go by the wayside or online only.

Granted Best but was more proactive than amazon this year so anyone who got in on the best buy deals made out better than amazon who was reactive to other sites sales this season.

Not trying to turn this into a bb rant page but I'm frustrated with best buy too. I ordered an itunes card online and several hours later I went to pick it up. When I got there in waited in the customer service line for 20 minutes only to be told I'm in the wrong line and I need to go to the pick up line. Since I rarely shop at best buy I didn't even know they had that. So I calmly told the employee that I'm only here to pick up an item that was right in the basket behind him. He gave me such attitude it was ridiculous. Not a fan right now.

I think if you just go into BB to buy something you're fine. It's when you deal with their online system and have to call CS after they screw up the order. That's why I'm saying I will never order anything online from BB again. Honestly I've had the same problem with WM with their same day site to store also. Because they don't update their stock. Every time I've ordered using their same day site to store, I've received an email saying we're sorry item is not in stock and it's been cancelled. The problem with them cancelling your order is you have to wait so long to receive a refund. Everyone keeps saying "We don't charge until we ship" but if my bank account deducted those funds and put "pending" on it, then it is a charge because I don't have access to those funds for the next 3-4 business days. Therefore, I can't replace the item that has been cancelled. So I think next Christmas as easy as it was to shop online for some retailers, (ie. Amazon and Toys R Us didn't have any shipping problems) I might have to rethink that concept and actually shop in stores. The stores this year they pushed online sales so much, but their CS just wasn't adequate enough. They need to actually think about what the company policy should be when they screw up people's orders and how to right those wrongs because an email apologizing is just not enough.

for some odd reason they sent me an e-gift card for not being able to fulfill an online order...weird since i did order plenty online, most thing did happen to cancel or backordered or what not, and just reordered them for instore pickup so i was not out anything...but was rewarded $11 for one of the orders...dont know which tho...lol...

for some odd reason they sent me an e-gift card for not being able to fulfill an online order...weird since i did order plenty online, most thing did happen to cancel or backordered or what not, and just reordered them for instore pickup so i was not out anything...but was rewarded $11 for one of the orders...dont know which tho...lol...

The article said a lot of people were getting ecards as compensation for the problems. One guy got $200 for a ps3 that they also replace at sale price.

I'm so sorry to hear to hear this. I on the other hand did well with them this year. We probably wouldn't have had much of a Christmas if they didn't have a good clearance section. Example getting Wii Kirby for $7 or $8. For us, Amazon stunk big time! Just in case, dh and I kept in in our minds about going to Walmart for price matches if we needed it. Thank you to one of the mods that brought it to my attention. I may do that after Christmas, because we have 4 games I'm thinking we can do better with.

I think what I didn't care for this year, was some of the stores had sales online which you can buy in the stores as well, and they didn't know about it. Like for instance, I found for $19 Wii Pirates of the Caribbean at Target. But when my dh went to the store to get it, it wasn't marked or even put in a sales shelf. He asked one of the workers, and she was kind enough to do a price check. She was stunned that it was marked down that much. Last year, we had no Christmas, so this year I'm counting my blessings.... :)

I'm so sorry to hear to hear this. I on the other hand did well with them this year. We probably wouldn't have had much of a Christmas if they didn't have a good clearance section. Example getting Wii Kirby for $7 or $8. For us, Amazon stunk big time! Just in case, dh and I kept in in our minds about going to Walmart for price matches if we needed it. Thank you to one of the mods that brought it to my attention. I may do that after Christmas, because we have 4 games I'm thinking we can do better with.

I think what I didn't care for this year, was some of the stores had sales online which you can buy in the stores as well, and they didn't know about it. Like for instance, I found for $19 Wii Pirates of the Caribbean at Target. But when my dh went to the store to get it, it wasn't marked or even put in a sales shelf. He asked one of the workers, and she was kind enough to do a price check. She was stunned that it was marked down that much. Last year, we had no Christmas, so this year I'm counting my blessings.... :)

I agree. Bestbuy was very good to me this year as well. Got everything I ordered in about a week on bf. I also got a lot of great deals from them on video games thanks to this site of course. Most of dh and ds13 electronics and videogames came from there. I was very disappointed with amazon this year. I hope everyone they let down managed to get everything they needed.