GOOD Down Comforter

I need a deal on a new comforter....a down comforter. I had one years ago that was too thin and the down shifted to the edges making it completely flat and I got rid of it. I know they go by ounces/ fill power, different weights and thread count, but I don't know what is acceptable and am a bit overwhelmed. I live in FL so I want something that is warm enough for winter, but not so hot that I can't use it in summer. I like them nice and fluffy though. Need a good deal and from what I'm seeing online and in stores, it doesn't seem likely unless I can spend several hundred $$ on one which is soooo not in the budget.

If anyone knows of any good, fluffy comforters that are of good quality, wont end up flat but not too heavy weight and not insanely expensive, please let me know. King or California King size. Thanks! :fluffy:

If you have an IKEA by you, they sell different weight comforters. They are pretty inexpensive, so you could buy more than one.

I know a good quality true down comforter will normally run a few hundred dollars. I'd suggest looking in January when all the big name stores run their White Sales ...

If you have a Younkers, I've gotten some really good deals on down pillows and comforters there and they often have coupons in the Sunday paper for even more off. Otherwise...years ago, I ordered a couple from HSN, and they lasted forever and my daughter loved them.

Believe it or not I got my last one at target and it's the best I've had and cheapest by far. It's got the hooks to tie in every corner an box construction so the down doesn't move. Can't remember what I paid but I was shocked at the regular price being so low. I thought it would be a temporary one but I've had it 3 or 4 years and i still love it.

Ours was king and I want to say $30 to $50 or so. We use it year round. Not to heavy not too light.