Question about the all in one.

shopping mom

True, HP i think is the most expensive ink, though Lexmark aint all that cheap, Sometimes its cheaper to buy new printer! Though WM & Staples have that refilled ink cartages for some printers & they're about $10 cheaper than the name brand ones & work just fine. My advice is make sure the printer isn't a USB connect, My old one worked fine on my HP, but when I gave it to my nephew it wont print right on his Compaq, worked back to my new Emachine works fine.

I just buy the refill kits and refill my cartridges. I bought a kit from Sam's about 3 years ago and still working on it. As for the cartridges I refill them as many times as I can (until the quality that it prints out gets bad or doesn't print) then I just go buy a new printer (inexpensive ones). I only use the color printer for Print Shop projects and for making the family calendars each year. I want to say I can fill a cartridge about 5+ times (this is a HP cheap one).

shopping mom,

Kudo's to you for asking this question. Most of the time a persons first reaction is WOW IT DOES EVERYTHING and it's only $39.99

Of course 3 months later the inkjet cartridges are empty and you buy new ones which cost $49.99 for combo black/color.

Lexmark is the worst and has the most expensive ink.

Canon is the best and cheapest. Always go Canon if possible.

HP and Brother are 2nd.

For real!! I'm buying the $39 all in one at wally world. It's cheaper than buying the ink for my HP photo printer :tongue1:

We always buy a new printer every time we need ink because its cheaper then buying the ink. We always get the same one so all we have to do is change out the printer. I waste of a printer but the ink is 20.00 higher to replace then the actual printer that has ink with it :fedora:

I found a dollar store by me that sells refills. I was kinda worried at first about buying them but I tried it and it worked fine. I refilled them 4 times before I had to buy new. Also I never buy ink in a store. I always buy on ebay. Sometimes you can get a really good deal.

If you are wanting to get an all in one I would recommend the HP from Walmart.. I got mine like 2 years ago and have only replaced the ink only twice. I can't find the model on it but it's one of those that have the copier/scanner on top..

Ink refills cost about 40.00 at walmart but I usually just end up buying one color and then later buying the black.

I love mine and would never have anything else...

Hope that helps.