How effective are BF deals?

chetanw

Hi,

I heard from friends that the BF deals are scams. Most people advised me that most of the deals are usually meant to get rid of items that are slow sell items. There are hardly 2 or 3 really good "deals" available and besides the deals continue through till Christmas, so why bother?

I wanted to seek opinion if it is really worth standing in line for hours shivering in the cold to get something that is not really a good deal.

Rgds,

chetanw

:idea:

I guess that it really depends on what you are looking for. Personally I've found a few deals that I believe are worth waiting in line for. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are just trying to move the slow sellers because even a great price isn't gonna make me buy something that I didn't already want.

I am sure there are several angles on why retailers offer so many GREAT deals on BF, but one of them is if they pull you in for a $5 Care Bear then you will do the rest of your Christmas shopping there to.

It's only a scam if you buy something you don't want or they trick you into buying something that is misrepresented. I am sure you will find a lot of people that agree with me...I do not get scammed on BF, quite the opposite, I save a TON of MONEY $$$$$:g_laughin

The ads show what you are buying and the price you will pay. No scams there. It's up to you to decide if it is a good deal. Personally, I find many offers every year I can't pass up, some I'd like to buy, but don't really want. Many that I don't want or don't think the price is that great. But there's certainly no scams - The only problem I see is waiting in line to get what you want, arriving early enough to get in front of the line, and the disappointment of the store running out if you aren't quick enough. But that's what makes it so fun! :yup: