Best Price for portable DVD players?

ilalynch

depends -- are you looking for a single or double (for the car headrests)? For the latter, Walmart so far at $149.99 on BF...(thanks GD guys!!! Va to Oh is a long ride with two small ones!)

As for single, what size are you looking for, as that will make a difference too anywhere from 6 -10" and as you know, size DOES matter....(gonna leave that one alone...:rotflol:

The Proton one at Sears: Save your money.I have one that I am returning to ABCwarehouse tomorrow ($99.99). It does have a case, however, very few of the accessories actually fit in the case. Just another excuse to lose some cables, the remote...I'm not even sure the battery fits in there! It's just cheap.

The Proton one at Sears: Save your money.I have one that I am returning to ABCwarehouse tomorrow ($99.99). It does have a case, however, very few of the accessories actually fit in the case. Just another excuse to lose some cables, the remote...I'm not even sure the battery fits in there! It's just cheap.

Was this the only thing you didn't like about this system? How was the picture and the sound? What about how it performed?

Was this the only thing you didn't like about this system? How was the picture and the sound? What about how it performed?

There was no volume on the remote, only a dial on the side of the unit. It did have 3 different screen sizes (letterbox, and two others). If you select the one for regular size(TV) screen, the people were the right size, but it seems like the edges of the pic were then cropped to make it all fit. The pic wasn't all that great. (Wow, I guess I really didn't like it!). But for me, the biggest thing was how everything didn't fit in the bag. For it to be truly portable, ALL ATTACHMENTS must be in one place. It's hard enough to get my crew and associated stuff all in the van and get where we're going on time, I don't need the hassle of little ones saying "Mimi, where's the battery? the remote? do we have the cables to hook it to the screen in the van?" If you were going to just listen to it thru it's own speakers in the car, I think it wouldn't be loud enough. There is a set of headphones, but we can use the cables to hook it into the van's video set up, so for family listening, it would be ok.