Toys r us! Is it worth it?

qualitydiesel1

I was just wondering about anyone else's experience at toy r us. Mine has always been aweful. Long, Long, Long lines and by the time you get what you want there, there is no time to get anywhere else.:curse:

The thing I have found is that even though you can't get anywhere else, TRU price matches, so you really don't need to. I get the ads, compare to the TRU ad, and make a list- cut out the ads from the competitors store and attach to the list- so that the employee can see it. Some are picky, some aren't.

My best experience there was a couple of years ago when I got a guy who was just too tired to deal with the ads I had carefully arranged, and just told me to tell him what to ring the toys up as- I paid 300.00 for 900.00 worth of toys that year. I didn't take advantage, I really tried to find the matched price, but he would get impatient and charge a buck for some things- lol.

I actually get out of there in about an hour and half buying for 3 kids- plenty of time to get to other stores. If you know your TRU well and know where things are located, you can get out quick. Bring a friend or kid to stand in line while you grab stuff and the lines won't be so daunting.

i have a question- for the things that are available online would i be able to just wait up til midnight, buy them and then hit the stores when they open? also, for stores that go to 24 hours during the holidays,like our walmart sometimes does, will we be able to get the sales right at midnight? i need help,lol, i am pretty new to black friday shopping. last year was the first year i tried it but this year i want to go and maximize my shopping and get all my christmas shopping done. i am hoing to make it to target,walmart,sears,the disney store and that may be it . any help is appreciated. thanks! :bunny:

I was just wondering about anyone else's experience at toy r us. Mine has always been aweful. Long, Long, Long lines and by the time you get what you want there, there is no time to get anywhere else.:curse:

Thought about purchasing online? I have done it the last 2 years and there are no lines and my orders usually here in a couple days. They charge for shipping but not if you spend a certain $ amount(at least that has been the case in the past.)

Thought about purchasing online? I have done it the last 2 years and there are no lines and my orders usually here in a couple days. They charge for shipping but not if you spend a certain $ amount(at least that has been the case in the past.)

I fyou had to give a guesstimate on the % that is online could ya?? Is it mostly the general ad or do they have the DB specials as well? When is a good time to start looking if they are up? Wednesday? Tday?

Sorry just would really like to have it work out that most of the TRU things i want are online LOL

kim

I fyou had to give a guesstimate on the % that is online could ya?? Is it mostly the general ad or do they have the DB specials as well? When is a good time to start looking if they are up? Wednesday? Tday?

Sorry just would really like to have it work out that most of the TRU things i want are online LOL

kim

Well everything I have wanted has been online the last 2 years...and I would say at least 95% of the ad has been there. But will warn some things go really fast..like the game systems sold out fast last year or the year before....can't remember which. Keep coming here on Wed and Thursday and as soon as they are up someone will post it here. I have used the online forums to find out which sales were up and when and haven't missed out on anything yet...knock on wood.

traveling on wed.....Hmm I may have to figure something out LOL

I figured it would be on or around midnight each day since thats when the new date would kick in that days sales....or am I being too simple? LOL

TY for the info. Heres hoping I pull it off :)

W/ TRU you can't tell...it's like they ad things sporadically. One minute it's not there and then poof it shows up.

There really isn't much at TRU that is such a great deal, atleast not for me! Most of the stuff is only a few dollars more now online. Last year I hate TRU and I made DH stand in line as soon as we got there. I did the shopping and STILL waited in line for an hour. They only had 4 registers open and the line went around the store and they were only letting 5 people in every 10 minutes and ti was at around 8 am already when I got there. I don't think I'll be hitting TRU this year. Although doesn't look like I will be going many places with the way these ads look.

As far as price matching I was told last month they do NO price matching at all not even to TRU.com prices.

Vicki

In past years, TRU has had extremely long checkout lines even with all registers going. The store was PACKED. But then--it's BF. Most stores get that way so it wasn't much of a surprise. I think Target is worse with lines than TRU.

TRU does NOT price match anymore. As someone else posted earlier, they stopped doing that about 6 months ago. They will price adjust their own store prices--electronics within 45 days of purchase, toys within 90 days of purchase. But they will not price match other stores or their website.

In my experience they tend to have enough of the doorbuster items for many people to get them (unlike some other stores that might only have 5 total in the store, grr) but since it's such a popular store, you do need to be one of the first in the store to make sure you get what you are after.

GO TO WALMART Y'ALL.... THEY PRICE MATCH! NO QUESTIONS ASKED! TAKE ALL YOUR FLIERS THERE.. THE ONLY THING IS IF THERE IS AN EARLY BIRD SALE SOMEWHERE ELSE, WALMART WILL ONLY MATCH THAT PRICE DURING THE SAME HOURS LISTED ON THE AD. (IF KB TOYS HAS SOMETHING FROM 5-9 AM, THEN YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE AT WALMART FROM 5-9 AM) I DO THIS EVERY YEAR WITH MY MOTHER, SO WE DONT HAVE TO GO FROM STORE TO STORE!