Self Checkout or Cashier Checkout on BF?

peachysquirt21

Depends on how much stuff I got. Last year one of the first stores I hit was a Fred Meyer because they opened at 4:30. My best friend and I only got a few special things there and checked out using the self-checkout. We were one of the first ones out the door. It was great.

Our walmart that just opened earlier this year has 10 self check outs. But NOBODY uses them. Its almost as if they're afraid of them. We use them every time, though. And so long as they're open on BF, we'll be using them. Gotta get in, get out, and get on our way. :D

mainly because most people don't use them.

Our Wal-mart was insane last year at the self-checkouts. From what I could see, most of the people in these lanes had huge items (the trampolines, TVs, and any other oversize item you could imagine). I really hope our store enforces the rules on self-checkouts this year ... so that I can actually use them!! :gd_stars:

I WILL NOT use the self checkouts!! Personally, I don't go to Wal-Mart (or wherever) to work!! Plus, I think they're job killers!! Just another step towards us becoming machine dependent and not needing people.

I agree with ya there. In time I think all the stores are gonna be like this & there wont be a need for cashiers anymore. Just more people without jobs.

I hate the self checkouts, mainly because I always mess it up somehow and it ends up taking me twice as long as the regular checkout, lol, actually my daughter is usually messing with something and it messes up the scale where you put your items and we have to start over and it turns into a big production, anyway, I try to avoid the self checkouts unless we only have a few items.